Grounded in the Rain

~Sang~

"Sang, come on!" Luke begged. "It'll take like five minutes!"

"Do you see the sky!?" I asked. "It's about to pour any minute!"

"It'll just take a sec Cupcake. I just have to grab something from the diner."

"And why do I have to go?"

"Because silly," he said, as he tapped on my nose. "You're grounded. Did you forget?"

"I still don't see why I'm grounded," I grumbled.

"Cupcake, you swapped all of Mr. B's ties with the Doc's."

"You dared me to!"

"And you should know not to listen to me by now," he chuckled. "Now come on."

I rolled my eyes as I laced up my sneakers before throwing on a hoodie just in case. The sky has been dark and gloomy all day, but when I went outside to take it the trash, I could smell the rain in the air. It was about to pour soon, and if we didn't hurry, we'd get caught in the middle of it.

True to his word, we were in and out of the diner in a few minutes, and the sky still hadn't turned on us. We were halfway through the forest path, headed back to Nathan's house, when the heavens opened up on us. The ground below is, the leaves in the trees above us, and everything in between was soaked in an instant. Luke and I included.

It happened so suddenly, that all we could do was laugh. Laugh and splash around in the rain. When we got back to the house, our clothes were covered in water and mud. We were giggling hysterically​, clutching our stomachs as we doubled over in laughter.

"I - told - you!" I choked out, trying to stifle my laughter.

"Alright, alright," he breathed. "You were right, oh mighty Sang of the weather forecast. You can hear the snow and smell the rain. We should all bow down to your greatness."

I was about to respond when a throat clearing stopped us in our tracks. Kota and Nathan were standing in the middle of the hallway, different expressions on each of their faces. Nathan's was a mix of amusement and pity. Kota's however, was mildly contained anger.

"Umm, hey guys," I winced ​slightly.

"What part of grounded did you two not understand?" Kota asked.

I scratched my head lightly before pointing to Luke, shouting "He did it!"