Dan pov

The next morning I went to my safe place in the woods. I usually come here to think. Sometimes to get away from the yelling my parents do.

The only other person I've taken here is Adrian.

Last night I texted Phil and told him that I was sorry for running off. He said it was ok and we could just forget about it.

I didn't want to forget about it, but I agreed.

After about 2 hours of sitting in the woods, I got up and walked to the hospital.

When I got to the hospital, everything was crazy. People were yelling, running around.

I walked up to a receptionist and asked what's going on. Before she could answer a doctor walked out the door.

"Daniel Howell?" He asked. I nodded. "I'm sorry to say. Something happened with Adrian. His lungs gave out. He's going into immediate surgery. We're going to do everything we can to try and save him."

The doctor said something else but I didn't hear. I fell to the ground in a sobbing fit.

I needed someone. I needed of Phil's hugs. Now.

I grabbed my phone and called him.

One ring.

Two rings.

Three rin-

"Hello?" Phil's voice flooded the speakers. "P-Phil?" I sobbed. "Dan? Where are you. Are you ok?" His voice flooded with worry. I managed to choke out, "H-hospital. Hurry." And then I hung up.

After what felt like years I felt two arms wrap around me. I melted into Phil's embrace.

Phil sat me on his lap and whispered soothing things in my ear while rubbing circles on my back.

"P-Phil it's A-Adrian. H-he might n-not make i-it."

"Shh Dan. It'll be fine. I'm here for you, no matter what happens."

"Thank you Phil." I whispered. "No need to thank me Dan." He raked his fingers through my hair soothingly.

"M-my parents don't even k-know." I said with quite the struggle. Phil didn't say anything.

After a few minutes of sitting in silence and getting my tears to lighten up, Phil finally spoke up.

"Do you want to spend the night at my house Dan? I'll lend you some clothes for school tomorrow."

It probably wasn't the best idea but I didn't want to leave Phil. I don't know why, but Phil just made everything a little easier.

I nodded against Phil's shoulder. "Yeah I'd like that." I said just above a whisper. "Ok." Phil said. I could hear the smile in his voice.

I pulled back from the hug and got off Phil's lap.

We stood up and phil threw his arm around me. "It'll be just like a slumber party. We can exchange secrets and watch movies." He said excitedly.

I laughed. Phil looked so adorable. He was smiling and his tongue poked out the side of his mouth. It was really cute.

Damn what is this boy doing to me?

--
When we got to Phil's house I was greeted by a bear hug from his mum. "Hello Mrs. Lester." I said against her shoulder.

"Oh Dan I've told you, you can just call me Catherine." She laughed at the end. Her laugh, like Phil's, was the type that just made you so happy.