TWENTY THREE

"Mason, it's really not a big deal once you think about it," Dom interjected. I was so angry I had to stand and pace to let some energy out. "I mean it's not like he's still banging her. And he only did it for like a week. And—"

"Dom, he didn't tell me! He didn't fucking tell me and now he's isolated in a room with her. Bullshit. Bull fucking shit," I interrupted, clenching and unclenching my fists just to have something to do.

"I guess now would be a bad time to tell you he just texted you," Dom tried to hold back a laugh but failed, passing the phone to me.

alex my baby: ok i get ur mad BUT i got last pick of rooms i swear on my life, u can ask anyone, i asked to switch rooms and no one wanted to

mason: ALEX U FUCKED HER

mason: OSJFJADIISJE

mason: ARE U KIDDING ME

mason: DOM TOLD ME U HAD A FUCKING THING WITH HER

mason: AND NOW UR SLEEPING WITH HER

mason: ARE U FUCKING KIDDING MEEEE ISIFJSKFIDSN IM ABOUT TO LOSE MY MIND

mason: LITERALLY MY MIND IS LOST

mason: ITS GONE

mason: FUCK U

"You need to calm down, you're going back to see him," Dom told me since he was reading over my shoulder.

I shrugged Dom off when my phone rang. I could've been petty and ignored it, but he was right, and I would have to see Alex later, so I answered.

"Alex—"

"Baby, it was two years ago, I swear and the reason I didn't mention it is because I never even think about it. It was like a week when we first started hanging out. Literally so insignificant that I never even think about it. And I swear I got last pick of rooms; I will go wake up David or Toddy or whoever the fuck you trust and make them tell you. Please don't be mad at me again. I love you."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, getting it tangled in my bun. I said, "You're good. Love you too. I have no right to be mad at you."

"Are you sure?" he seemed suspicious and I laughed.

"Baby, do you want me to be mad? Because I could be mad," I responded and he sucked in a breath, quickly mumbling, 'no, no, no, no.' "Kidding, gotta go. Love you. Bye."

"Bye," he answered. I printed my tickets and repacked my bags to get rid of the dirty, sandy clothing. I also packed my presents for David and Alex because I knew now was as good a time as any to give them.

Dom drove me to the airport and an hour and a half later, I was in Vegas, taking confusing directions on where to find Jason's car. Apparently they didn't want to get mobbed at the airport because they were just so popular, so they couldn't even get out of the car to help me. After about ten minutes of searching, I finally tracked down the car and shoved my bag in the back.

"Mason!" they both cheered when I slid into the back seat. I gave them both tight, annoyed smiles because they were no help. "Perk up, sunshine, you've got a long day ahead of you."