Everything's Coming to an End

Last chapter!

Chapter 73

Ivory's P.O.V

"I have one more thing to show you Ivory." He takes my hand and leads me to another door. The same bar doors hat they had just disappeared out of. We walked through it and ended up in a totally different area.

It looked like one of the animatronics stores. It was a lot different, it must've been the first one that was ever created. My father's, father stood on a ladder and was hanging up a sign that said 'Grand opening.'

"This was my first ever store. It was what started my whole business. Just a kid with a dream turned into reality."

I smiled at my father. "You deserved every bit of it."

He shook his head and bowed his head down. "I didn't. I'm in jail for a reason Ivory. My father hadn't fully done it himself, I agreed to it. I wanted my animatronics to be better and I knew I didn't have the money to make them better. My thought process was, the more human and realistic they seem, the better and that's where the kids came along."

I was watching what was happening and then it started getting faster, like in a time lapse. Many days went by and less customers were coming in. The animatronics were breaking down and not responding.

"My technology just wasn't good enough. The animatronics always had problems and it was getting ridiculous fixing them. So when my dad brought up the idea for this, I thought it was a great idea, bur I also had very little hope for my business becoming successful."

The next day appeared and I saw my father and a bunch of others dragging these kids into the building. They had their hands over their mouth and were aggressively pulling them. The tried to fight back, but they had such tight grips on them. They opened up the animatronics and shoved them into the suits harshly. They slammed the the suits shut and you could still hear the cries from the inside.

My eyes started watering. They looked so fragile. I looked over at my dad and his eyes were blood shot and watering. "Every time I think about this, all I feel is hurt and regret. I stole kids off of the street and used them for my own dirty work. You hear them crying? They didn't stop for weeks. They cried out for their parents and for help." I felt a pang in my heart.

"Did you ever let them free?" I ask. My heart throbbing and I'm hoping they did.

He shook his head. Pain and regret evident on his face. "I tried. My father kept them in there. They died from lack of food and water."

My heart broke. The pain I felt was so unbearable. My knees felt weak. What if this was your child? If I was around by this time, I would have stopped this. I must've been around at the time the second one opened.

"Once I found out, I kicked my father out and closed the place down for good. He wasn't going to leave, unless I did that."

"Well why was he there in the first place? You guys obviously didn't have a good relationship."

"I needed his money. Without him, I wouldn't have been able to open up the shop. I had made enough money from this to move out. Years later, I still had the money and I decided to open up a new one, we had you during the process of opening. We didn't let my father back in, we didn't need him at all. I opened it with my own money and I never kidnapped anymore kids. It was all technology and it got me here today."