Chapter Six

Thomas’ P.O.V

I stared up at the blinding fluorescent lights and tried to go to back to last night with Jayson. He made me d*** glad I decided to ignore my mother’s wishes and see him when I pleased anyway. My cheeks reddened as I thought of all the kisses we shared. We took a giant leap last night as far as I am concerned; he had never allowed me to be as much as shirtless while we kissed, let alone had he ever allowed what happened last night to happen before. I wasn’t really sure what brought on his sudden moral decline, but I was not about to question it. I only hoped his morals would decline further.

“Okay, Thomas, you are going to feel a sting, I’m not going to call it a bee sting because, quite frankly, we all know that’s a lie every time,” Dr. Kradic warned pulling my from my blush-worthy thoughts.

“Thanks for being honest, Doc,” I breathed as I felt the sting.

He was right bee sting was the wrong term for it. I sucked in a deep breath, clamping down on my bottom lip in process. I felt the fire-y liquid travel all the way through my body. I really regretted not asking him to put me under and then it was over.

“Sorry about that, Thomas,” Dr. Kradic said sympathetically.

My eyes narrowed into slits, rolled onto my side and heaved, before I began losing consciousness.

Jayson’s P.O.V

The principle, Laurie Perkins, clicked her heels into Mrs. Swimmer’s class. A few of us looked up wondering if we should cover for our absentee teacher when Ms. Perkins made her way over to me. Her skirt teetered on ridiculously short, which drove the boys of a straighter variety wild, her blouse was messily buttoned (see previous), and her heels gave her an added five inches. She had a serious look on her angled face, like she was about to take care of something unpleasant. I stared up at her curiously, interested in what she had to say.

“Jayson?” She asked, almost like she knew me, but she still had to clarify I was the right person, which consequently made it seem completely impersonal and insincere.

“Yes?” I asked curiosity piqued.

“I’m afraid I have some horrible news. I would like to speak with you in private,” she said in her best business voice.

Don’t sound too concerned or someone might think you aren’t made of ice, I thought to myself as I got up and followed her into her office.

She sat me down in a cushy chair before she started pacing in front of her desk, causing her skirt to reach an all-time high.  I shifted my focus to the red blinking dot on her telephone indicating that some unlucky soul is still on hold.

“Well, Jayson there is no easy way to say this,” she started and then stopped in front of her book case and continued to herself, “Oh, my, I don’t know why they put me up to doing this.”

I tapped a bored tune out on the chair arm waiting for her to continue. I juggled a few reasons why I would be called into her office and decided that I must be getting reprimanded for cutting class to take care of Tommy yesterday.

“Oh, dear, I don’t think I can do this. Jayson you have an early dismal there has been a death..”

She must have said something else, but all I heard after death was a loud roar. To my knowledge there is only one person who could possibly be punching out. Unfortunately all of my dad’s great aunts and uncles are already dead, and my mom’s parents have long since died.

I couldn’t break down here. I got up and floated through the halls on only the most basic mental functions because the more complex part of the brain had already shut down. I climbed into my car leaving all of my books and assorted school supplies still in Journalism. I flew down the road in a way I never consciously would and made the trip home in record time.

I never even got to say good-bye. He was only supposed to be getting Chemo today not a death certificate. It was only his second round. He’s only fifteen. All of these thoughts buzzed through my head and I sat unseeing in my driveway. I kept waiting to wake up in cold sweat with my face pressed against the keyboard in Swimmer’s, but the longer I sat there the more it tried breaking through my mental barriers and sinking in.

I extinguished the thoughts ping ponging in my head long enough to get out of the car and make it up the walk. I don’t know why I went home first, but I’m not sure where else I could have gone at the moment. I pushed through the door and thought, Curiosity killed the cat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's timely, but extremely short. Don't hate me please! I will have chapter seven up tomorrow hopefully and a lot of answers will be given! Don't give up on this story yet!

Vote and Comment Please!