Chapter 11

I laid in the hospital bed looking up at the ceiling focusing on my breathing, silently breathing in and out. The pain from the stinging bullet had subsided and my torso was stitched and bandaged. My only worry in the world right now was seeing my brother, the only person I wanted to even be in the presence of. 

Chris sped me to the hospital as I laid on the backseat crying in pain and distraught, only being able to let out desperate breaths as he was constantly apologizing on the way. The doctors rushed and got me help even though I had no I.D. or even insurance, I guess Chris always gets his way.

I heard the turn of the doorknob and my eyes quickly shot over to it waiting to see who would appear, hopefully, someone who wouldn't piss me off or upset me any further.

"Hey, hey lady bug.", My brother sang coming through the door sporting a huge bouquet of flowers and a share size of Tropical Skittles.

"Damn, am I dying?", I asked comically opening my arms for him to give me a hug.

Instead of hugging me he placed the flowers down on the table and plopped the skittles into my lap giving me a wet juicy kiss on my cheek.

"Ion wanna pop your stitches or some shit.", He said looking down at me in worry.

"Oh yeah, kinda forgot about them, to be honest.", I said laughing to uplift his mood.

He forced a small laugh and then his eyes softened towards me.

"Damn dawg, I ain't ever think I was gone have to see my sister in a hospital bed. Kinda feel like I failed you.", He sighed sitting down in the chair next to me.

"You didn't fail me. Chris did.", I said looking over at me.

"Exactly. I let this shit happen, wouldn't be in this shit if it wasn't for me. I'm the one who put you in the shit Jas!", He said looking at me with an unreadable expression, probably guilt.

"Look, Ro, the world revolves in a weird way. We just in this bitch trynna make it to another day. This shit just happened, ain't really nobody fault. I'm still here living and breathing. I ain't die so don't trip.", I replied reaching over and grabbing his hand.

"Besides, they got some raw ass ice cream here.", I laughed.

He looked at me and burst out laughing squeezing my hand.

The door opened and Chris came in with bloodshot eyes looking deranged.

"I got rid of her.", He simply said.

"What? Got rid of who? Chris what the fuck did you do?", Roland asked with his eyebrows raised. 

"I paid her off, half a million dollars.", He said staring directly at me.

"At least you didn't kill her, or shoot her.", I snorted looking away from him.

It was quiet for a moment, then there was movement. Chris had come to the side of the bed and down on both knees.

"Jasmine I didn't mean to pull the trigger I swear, I didn't mean to shoot you on everything I love I didn't mean it. I was just so pissed that the bitch came to my house and came with some bullshit about MY child. The child she hasn't even visited since she was born.", He spoke, looked like he was about to burst into tears.

"Chris I don't give a fuck how mad you were. Not only did you put my life in danger but you put two other people's in danger. Anything could have happened when that bullet came flying out that pistol!"

"Not only was it careless but you pulled a gun on a bitch because you were PISSED? Who knows how the fuck it would play if you ever got pissed at me and nobody was there to wrestle the gun out of your hand!", I cried and without even realizing I smacked him upside the head with so much force he stumbled back a bit.