05 // 다섯

I took you to a place that was very close to my heart. It's a beautiful place with an enchanting view of the sea, the stars and the horizon. And even though you don't remember me, my heart knows you do remember this place. I told you about my whole life here; my bullies back in school, my insecurities, my parents' death in a car accident. I almost lost my shit when I heard you were in a car accident too. You were the only hope I had in life. I was not ready to lose you too. So anyway, I remember you telling me that every person in this world deserves to be loved. I am so thankful to you.

Your words that day meant so much to me Jungkook.

Jungkook closed his eyes and leaned his head against the wall behind him. Small yet powerful fragments of that day flashed into his mind. He could envision sitting on a hill, another man by his side, their knees touching. The view was that of the sun setting, the sea glistening a magnificent shade of orange, pink and red. Things seemed clearer than before, Jungkook could now vaguely make out the man next to him. Black hair, brown eyes, lean and small build; blurred yet so handsome.

Never had Jungkook felt so helpless and desperate before as he was to remember his boyfriend.