The Kennedy Centre

Senior year. The final chance Beca had to show the world who the Bellas were, although it wasn't as if they could get any better having won the ICCAs three years running. She looked around at the other girls and smiled to herself. This was going to be a performance like no other. All she could do was keep her fingers crossed that it would go as well as it had done in their rehearsals.

"They say you're a freak when we're having fun," and in that moment, the Bellas were in the zone – time to wish the President a very happy birthday. With the sound of the backing parts, Beca made her way down the steps to centre stage, Chloe beside her. She daren't look to her co-group-leader during such an important performance but she could tell the redhead was as excited as she was.

"It's going down, I'm yelling timber!" Cynthia Rose took the floor, the crowd cheering. Glancing up to the President, Beca could have sworn she saw him singing along. Her feet automatically moved to their positions as her full concentration remained on singing the words; even after all this time, focussing on your own part with a bunch of other sounds going on was a challenge.

"She says she won't, but I bet she will." The end of 'timber' brought the break-down. At the back of the stage, Beca could keep an eye on the other Bellas. Everyone seemed to be in the right place, and no-one had been hit in the face with one of the fake gun props yet. As quick as it had started, the break-down came to a close leading into the national anthem. Glad her feet knew what they were doing, Beca found herself at the front of the stage once more, hand on heart and singing the best she could as her lungs began to ache.

"From sea to shining sea." The large blue curtain which had been acting as their backdrop flew up to reveal Fat Amy on a silk seat. Never quite sure how to react, Beca tries to concentrate on her part alone. She'd always meant to ask Chloe why Fat Amy had been allowed to do that. The last time she checked, the dangling Bella didn't even like heights. "I came in like a wrecking ball."

Ribbons were now flying in all sorts of directions. Beca was waving her baton silk sticks, or whatever Chloe had called them, and Amy was doing some armography that she'd spent the last few weeks working on. All in all it was looking good. With any luck, they might just get to the end without-

"Yeah, you wreck – me!"