Chapter 6: Harder then we thought

The only thing that could be heard through out the entire apartment complex was the unusual loud stomping of feet ahead of both hybrid's in the back of the group. You winced as Agent Smith held onto a splintered piece of the banister ahead making you whisper harshly "Will you guys shut the fuck up, we're trying to become as unnoticed as possible remember?" You asked them quietly as they turned to look at you.

You continued ahead of them your gun in hand with Red chuckling behind you as he followed clicking his own hand gun into place as y he placed in the bullet's.

After a while of searching and splitting up the team into various groups to search the place your intercom rang in your ear before an agent spoke with a confused accent "There's nothing G here, Agent (l/n). It's like...they never existed" he said on the other line before the Com went quiet.

You raised a brow in confusion and turned to Red who seemed just as confused as you did before his eye's narrowed his gun still in place on his shoulder "Somethin's not right" he whispered in suspicion as he walked over to the open window in the empty apartment room.

"Could they have known we were coming?"You asked no one in particular although you turned looming at Hellboy as if to have his conformation.

You walk slowly to the end of the room running a hand over the scratched wall's "Maybe but, still where would that be able to go? They have to be here" Red said with a slight growl of annoyance since he was sent on a mission that lead everyone on it to a dead end.

"I can still feel energy reading's through the walls. They weren't gone long" you say assuringly as you close your eye's your right hand on the scarred wall paint. You open them before sighing and looking at a pouting Hellboy "What's so interesting about that--" you stop yourself your eye's widening as you look towards the open window that Red was in front of.

Hellboy raised a brow in confusion taking a step towards you "What's wrong? Frostbite would ya tell me--oh shit..." he asked you worriedly before looking back at the window himself his eye's going wide.

A hand grips the upper part of the window with fingers longer then a human spine. As you both take notice of the hand it begins to move making you react fast whipping out your weapons, training kicking in.

Faster then the eye can catch however, the hand in replaced by a full on body as the owner of it jumps down and soars through the open window. There's a flash of sharp rows of teeth soaked with blood and guts before you duck quickly diving into the corner of the room.

Red turn's immediately before gun shots ring through out the building, you cover your ear's as the creature in front of you let's out a loud screech of both pain and rage. Your eye's land on the thin line of blood dripping from the gun shot from Hellboy's giant pistol. Your eye's widen taking notice that it's body should have been splattered across the wall especially with how beaten and fragile it already looked.

But, that wasn't the case as the beast looked up with a new sense of rage making your blood run cold, literally as your skin quickly began to become covered in a thick layer of ice. Your eye's coated with the thin frost making them burn before turning a blood red, your cheeks burning as the sudden icy blast carved into your skin sinking into your blood stream.

You share a look with Red before your grip on your gun tightens as the beast charges towards you. It let's out a deathly howl it's arm's outstretched and hands lengthened like that of a cobweb. You shiver in disgust and you pull the trigger instinctively, you fire at the thing and it stumbles but, regains itself quicker then you'd like.

As it nears and raises it's hand to swipe at you, you dive to the floor quickly rolling out of the way as Hellboy swings his fist into its jawline. It crumbles to the floor, for only a moment before taking hold of his leg and it's claw like fingers digs into his ankle.