Chapter 1

Usopp stared at his computer screen. 'Jellyfish are just wet ghosts' it read. It makes sense now, Usopp thought. He recalled Shu and kuranoske's weird obsession with jellyfish. That why they're so weird! That's why they like eating people... "because they're g-g-g-ghosts?" Usopp finished the thought out loud. His hands trembled. Was this- was trains why Shu never came back to him? Was it possible that Shu... wasn't real? The realisation hit him, like a fist to his gut. It was almost like falling high from the sky. Like getting you're your heart ripped out and eaten buy your ex's boyfriend. The pain was unimaginable. Far worst than having partially digested tea on rice raining down on kunikida's ideal. Tears welled up from behind his eyes, his legs were shaking. Knees weak, nose sweety. Tonpa's spaghetti. How could he go on? How could he continue his life when the only one he'd ever truly loved was dead? He decided to visit his favourite teacher for One Piece of advice. He was nervous but on the surface he looked calm and ready. He mounted his broomstick, wishing it was something else and jerked the shaft towards professor Shanks. He landed clumsily, Shanks got it wet so he had to rub it off.

"P-p-p-professor," Usopp stuttered nervously. His heart was pounding in his chest and he wished there was someone to keep it safe for him. "Do you believe in goats?" He asked breathlessly, trembling.

"Yes" Shanks mumbled. "I also believe in your love."

Usopp's eyes widened in surprise. He knew about his and Shu's illicit relationship?

"How?" He gasped.

Shanks couldn't bear to see Usopp's lips parted in such a lewd way. Shanks licked his lips in preparation, his heart starting to hammer in his rib cage. He leant forward and palmed Usopp's check, slipping tow fingers into his mouth.

Usopp gagged in shock. "Professor what are you doing?" He mumbled around shank'd slender digits. "After killing that monster Shu yesterday I just need to do something to relax." Shanks replied ruffly. "But what about your bitch?" Usopp asked.

"Well," Shanks' voice dropped, "you'll be my bitch now won't you?" Shanks hissed into Usopp's ear. The full weight of what Shanks had just said hit him. He killed Shu? His precious boi? Revulsion hit him like a sledgehammer as he began to slap Shanks away.

Shanks was used to trying to tame a bitch. He grabbed Usopp and placed him gently on the chair. "Listen, I think we should make a contract."

Usppp was barely listening. "You killed my baby boi! My sweet boi!"

Shanks' brow furrowed in confusion. "I AM your boi" Shanks said.

Usopp was now weeping. "Shu!" He cried over and over again, pitifully.

"Shoe?" Shanks removed his own boot from his foot and placed it lovingly on Usopp's lap.

Usopp picked up the shoe and attempted to throw it at Shanks head. He missed and it skittered uselessly behind the professor.

"I gotta go." He muttered. Usopp tried to leave his seat but Shanks grabbed his wrist and held the smol boi in place.

"Usopp," he said, "will you let me fight for your love?"

"Never!" Usopp cried. "My one and only love is Shu. If you want to help, take me to his body."

"Why do you want his body? What about mine?" Shanks shouted.

"No. You're ugly in compassion to Shu. Everyone is. Even Kim kadishan. Nothing can compare to his ethereal beauty."

That was Shanks' epiphany. If Usopp only loved Shu, then Shanks must BECOME Shu.