Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Three more days went by before we were far enough away from the Alsafi system to use the jump drive. "Are we there yet?" Tanaquil finally asked Danger.

"Not yet," Danger said. "We're still too close to the outer asteroid belt to jump to the Errai system." His feet were propped up on the dashboard as he looked towards Blaze. "Hey Blaze," he said.

"Hi Danger," Blaze said. "How may I assist you today?"

"Blaze, will you go out with me?" Danger asked the hedgehog.

"I'm a robot, Danger," Blaze said. "You don't want to go out with me. Besides, your boyfriend doesn't look too happy with you right now."

Danger turned towards Arthur and said, "I'm just messing with Blaze's programming. It's so boring on this ship."

Arthur's scowl disappeared, and he asked Blaze, "When is the world going to end?"

"Which world?" Blaze asked.

"Earth!" Arthur exclaimed.

"I don't know, but I've heard that an aluminum foil hat might protect you in case of an apocalypse," Blaze said.

"That's actually not a bad idea," Arthur said.

"What is the meaning of life, Blaze?" I asked.

"Forty two," Blaze answered.

Arthur and Raquel laughed, while I wondered what exactly Blaze meant by that answer. Danger and Tanaquil both looked equally confused. "I think I know the answer to this, but I'll ask it anyways," Arthur said. "Is Tupac alive?"

"Tupac Shakur died on September 13, 1996," Blaze said.

Arthur sighed. "That conspiracy must be even deeper than I thought," he said. "Even Blaze thinks that Tupac is dead."

"Blaze, will you marry me?" Danger asked.

"Merfludz you, Danger," Blaze said. "By the way, you might want to turn on the jump drive now."

"Okay, Blaze!" Danger exclaimed. He was quick to prepare the ship for the jump. Danger pressed several buttons on the dashboard in a row, and the Eclipse accelerated until it was going at an impossibly fast speed. I held Raquel's hand until the ship finally slowed down again.

"It's okay, Nora," Raquel told me as she squeezed my hand. "I'm sure this will be over soon."

Eventually, the Eclipse slowed back down, indicating that we had entered the Errai system. "Can you believe that we're forty five light years from home?" Tanaquil said as she stared out the window into the deep black nothingness that surrounded the ship.

"That's crazy," Raquel said.

"How far is Sidhe from here?" I asked Danger.

"We should be on Sidhe in a day and a half," Danger said. "Then we'll have to find that Purple woman that Cody mentioned."

"How are we going to do that?" Tanaquil asked.

"There aren't that many Purples on Sidhe," Danger said. "It can't be that hard."

"Can I put on some music?" I asked.

"Sure, as long as it's good," Danger said.

I plugged my phone into the Eclipse's speakers and immediately started playing "Stick To The Status Quo" from High School Musical. I sang along to the song, but to my disappointment, nobody else on the Eclipse seemed to appreciate the brilliance of High School Musical.