Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Danger smoothly glided the spaceship towards the District Seven Spaceport as he spoke into the radio. "Eclipse to Ground Control," he said in Yellow Common Language. "We are about to land in the District Seven Spaceport. Are we clear?"

"Ground Control to Eclipse," the woman at ground control said. "You are clear for landing. What is the pilot's name?"

"Danger Magellan," Danger said.

"Do you have any passengers with you?" the ground control official asked.

"I have three Earthlings and one Martian with me," Danger said.

"Don't forget about me!" Blaze exclaimed.

"I also have one robotic hedgehog," Danger added.

"Excellent," the ground control official said. "Please land on Landing Pad #11."

Danger looked back towards the dashboard. "We're coming in too fast," he said.

I looked towards him, panicked. "What are we going to do?" I asked.

"I'm going to try to slow the ship down, but that's going to be hard," Danger said. He adjusted the controls again and the Eclipse slowed down slightly. However, we were still going too quickly.

As we approached the spaceport, Danger attempted to redirect the ship, but he overcorrected and ended up heading towards the skyscraper near the spaceport. He jerked back towards the landing pad, but he was still too far away to make it to the correct landing pad. "Screw this," Danger said. "I'm just going to land on Landing Pad #2." He straightened out the ship and landed nearly perfectly on Landing Pad #2.

"Ground Control to Eclipse," I heard through the radio. "Where are you?"

"We're on Landing Pad #2," Danger said.

"Wait there," the ground control official said. "We'll be there in a minute to check your documentation."

A few minutes later, the ground control official told us to exit the spaceship. All five of us climbed out of the ship, and a middle-aged woman looked over Danger and Tanaquil's interplanetary passports. After she did so, Danger asked, "Do you happen to know a Purple woman who lives in this district?"

"No," the woman responded. "Ranelagh Wesmith might know though. He knows everyone in District Seven."

"Where can I find this Ranelagh Wesmith?" Danger asked.

"He sells fruit in the marketplace," the woman explained. "I'm sure you'll be able to find him there."

We left the spaceport and began to walk through the streets of District Seven. Like the other alien cities that I had visited, District Seven was filled with streamlined skyscrapers, with brightly colored vintage cars speeding down the street. The streets were also dotted with street vendors selling everything from skirts to lava lamps. Tanaquil even spotted one vendor who was selling vitianos. "I didn't think that they sold these outside of Mars," Tanaquil said.

"They're probably not as good as the Martian ones," Danger said.

"I kind of want to walk around the district," I said. "It looks like there's a lot of interesting stuff here."

"That's a terrible idea," Danger said. "The Ink has already destroyed two planets in my system. We need to find Ranelagh Wesmith as quickly as possible so we can find the Purple woman who will help us destroy the Ink."

"We can take our time, right?" I said.

"Absolutely not," Danger said. "What if the Ink destroys Anansi, Gwydion, or Kumiho next? All of the people who live there will die, and it will all be because of us."