Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Danger, Arthur, and I headed to the spaceport early the next day, but when it came time to leave, Tanaquil wouldn't budge. "Come on, Tanaquil," Danger said as he ate his breakfast. "We have to go home."

"I'm not leaving," Tanaquil said. Her arms were folded over her chest, and her lips were curled into a pout.

"What are you going to do here?" Danger said. "Sidhe isn't a terribly interesting planet, with the possible exception of District Nineteen."

"I don't know, but anything's better than going back to Mars," Tanaquil said.

"You won't have anywhere to stay here," I said. "I'd offer to bring you back to Earth with us, but it would be hard for you to fit in."

"I'd be happy to let you live in my basement," Arthur suggested.

Tanaquil shook her head. "I couldn't spend my whole life trapped in your basement," she said.

"I personally wouldn't mind it, but it's your decision," Arthur said.

"I'm staying on Sidhe," Tanaquil said. "Maybe I'll go find some other hippies and travel around with them for a while."

"Come on, Tanaquil!" I exclaimed. "Don't leave us!" I had already lost Raquel. I couldn't lose Tanaquil too. On the bright side, I would at least have an opportunity to say goodbye to Tanaquil.

"I'm sorry Nora, but this is the best choice for me," Tanaquil said. "Besides, I can always come and visit you guys once in a while."

"I suppose you're right," I said as I hugged Tanaquil. "I'm going to miss you so much."

"I'll miss you too," Tanaquil said. She then hugged Arthur and Danger. "Goodbye everyone, and remember to keep spreading peace and love."

"We will, Tanaquil," I said.

"Make sure to keep me updated on anything you find while you're traveling around the galaxy," Arthur said. "I still don't think I've found the Illuminati's headquarters."

"Don't worry, Arthur," Tanaquil said. "I'll keep you updated."

"Thanks," Arthur said.

"No problem," Tanaquil said. "Anyways, it's been fab hanging out with you guys. Hopefully, I'll see you again soon."

"Bye Tanaquil," Danger said.

Tanaquil waved to us as she left the hotel, presumably off to find a few hippie friends. I tried to keep myself from crying again as I watched her leave. Although Tanaquil and I hadn't known each other long, she had become one of my closest friends over the past several weeks. It was heartbreaking to watch her leave, even though I knew that she would enjoy meeting her fellow hippies on Sidhe and journeying around the galaxy.

Nevertheless, Raquel was the one who was still on my mind. I had never gotten a chance to say goodbye to her like I had with Tanaquil. There were so many things that I wanted to tell her that she never got to her. Most of all, I wanted to tell her how much I loved her. I had never gotten the chance to tell Raquel that I was utterly and completely in love with everything about her, and I knew that I would always regret that.

I looked back towards Danger and Arthur, both of whom looked ready to leave. I thought it was unfair that neither of them had experienced any real trouble on this trip, but then I remembered that both of them would be heartbroken when Danger inevitably returned to Gwydion. However, it wasn't like Danger was going to die. Arthur and Danger would still be able to see each other, even if they lived eighteen light years apart.