The spy (rose's p.o.v)

I don't know how I ended up in this mess. It probably didn't help that Devin was here. Of all the people in the world. The worst part of it all is that he doesn't even remember me. Now have to spy on him ,and his friend to see if they're talking about the blade Devin found in Ashley’s bathroom.  

 I walked into the kitchen, because the walls are actually really thin there. I listened to what they were saying in the living room.

 “Yo I have to tell you something” I heard Devin tell Tayler .

 “what?” Tayler asked. I wasn't actually sure if Devin was talking about the blade or not ,so I kept listening.

“I found something in her bathroom-” I heard Devin say then Tayler replies with “no! that's her business not yours”

  I can't believe Devin would tell him about the blade. I couldn't believe I use to get along with him once; that I use to like him. That was a long time ago ,but still. I paused my thought to try and hear if Tayler was done reacting to this. Taylor swung open the kitchen door and stared at me in confusion “Watcha doin?“ he asked.

    I bend down and pretended  to search for something,” I was cleaning off my contact in the sink ,and I dropped it”. I pretended to pick something up,”found it” ,

I began to walk away. He put his hand through his hair and saw right through my lies “Rose, Devin may have forgot but uh… I've known you for quite a bit, and you don't wear contact lenses ,or need glasses”

  “Ugh.. Fine. Ashley was worried that Devin would do something stupid. I don't blame her”.

 Ashley walked in the kitchen a wrapped her arms around Tayler “hi”

“Hi” he laughed responding to her.

 “Hey, me and Devin gotta go” he continued.

“Well bye then…” I had to admit I hadn't spoke to Tayler in years. It felt good seeing him.

 “See you guys at school tomorrow “ he waved bye and left with Devin.

 “ Hopefully only one of you” I whispered under my breath.