Lost Without You

Melava sits down her bare feet lightly splash in the water as Cole stands behind her his fingers wiggle at his side as though he wants to reach for her, touch her but he doesn't they stay like that in silence for a long time when Solas walks over stands by Cole's side and places a gentle hand on her shoulder she looks up at the two of them and smiles sadly "ready!?!"  Solas asks Cole looks confused and Melava nods Solas helps her up and all of the sudden they are standing in the Brecilian Forest Cole and Solas follow her as she heads in the direction of her elder friend.... Cole looks up at the Grand Oak in awe as she walks toward it he can feel.... something.... come from it but he is not sure what "she's.... different!.... there's no pain, fear, guilt, anger, hurt and yet she still needs me!.... how can I fix....!?! if I don't know what she needs from me!.... how can I help her!?!"  Cole says to Solas softly Solas smiles then replies "you already are Cole.... more than you know!"  Cole looks at him tilting his head in confusion....

 more than you know!"  Cole looks at him tilting his head in confusion

"She's always been a happy child.... no matter what happened in her life.... she found light in the darkness, beauty where no one else saw it!"  Solas continues Cole looks over at Melava who is chatting and laughing with the Grand Oak/Elder tree climbing his limbs carefully as she once did as a child.... when she climbs down her eyes lock with Cole's and she smiles softly at him her eyes bright and happy as she introduces her elvhen and spirit boy friend to the Elder tree who also smiles at them she walks over to Solas as Cole walks over to the Elder tree and she whispers softly "I'm worried about him Sol!.... with all that is going on.... how will he survive!?!.... the...."  she pauses then says as though she just realized something "his seed!.... I planted many around the areas I stayed in growing up.... I don't think he can go back to the Fade he's been he's been in there too long to....but.... can we....!?! can we move him into.... one of his children?!.... the ones I planted.... I still remember where they are.... I never moved too far away from where I planted them"  Solas chuckles with a smile then says "we can try lethallin!" .... as Solas and Melava talk Cole chats with the Elder tree about her as a child he had gotten permission to climb the Elder tree and is now sitting on one of his stronger branches his feet dangling down and swinging back and forth his arms at his sides holding onto the branch his head lowered so that it is hid by the brim of his hat.... Melava looks over and smiles taking out a piece of paper and a quill she draws the scene before her as she draws she says to Solas "I'll have to borrow your amulet.... I wouldn't normally ask but.... it would take too long to go find or make one strong enough to hold him!"  he takes off the wolf's jaw that hangs around his neck and hands it to her she smiles at him "thank you!"  she whispers softly and she looks past him and sees "Wisdom!?!"  Solas spins around but he doesn't see who she sees Melava shakes her head as though to clear it and turns to Cole and teases him with a smile "always hiding!"  he lifts his head up and looks at her as she turns to the Elder tree "ready old friend!?!"  she asks and he nods Cole jumps down and lands by her side she hands over the lifelike picture she drew to Cole who looks down at it.... she had added one more person to her drawing.... she drew herself sitting on a branch by Cole on the opposite side of the Elder tree Cole looks down at the picture in surprise as Solas and Melava combine their magic and place the spirit of the Elder tree inside the wolf's jaw then she places it back around Solas' neck "it seems he wants to stay there Sol!.... he WILL be able to see more if he does.... with how often you travel!.... but it's up to you!"  she says Solas smiles and nods with a small laugh she returns the smile then says "I really should get back.... Lace probably feels lost without me!"  Solas laughs and the 4 of them leave....

Cole goes with Melava back to camp and Solas goes to visit Wisdom in the Fade "what's on your mind Cole!?!"  she asks softly looking over at him "you!"  Cole says simply her eyes widen in surprise and confusion and she asks with a matching tone "me!?!"  Cole nods then says "you are.... different from the rest.... soft... quiet.... warm!"  she smiles then says  "those are good things!"  Cole looks up into her eyes and says "yes.... they are!"  he smiles "would you like to scout with me!?!.... I think the Inquisitor might be aright without you.... just for one day!"  she asks his eyes seem to sparkle as he nods "alright.... let's go see what Lace needs us to do and we'll get to work!"  she says then she takes Cole's hand and they continue their way back to the Exalted Plains