•Chapter One•

____________

For Jade.

                       _____________

                        "Love Me Or Hate Me,
                       Both Are In My Favour..
                              If You Love Me,
                    I'll Always Be In Your Heart,
                              If You Hate Me,
                    I'll Always Be In Your Mind."
                      ~ William Shakespeare

Chapter One.

Anguilla, The Valley.

Draco Malfoy sat, slouching in the darkness of his beautiful house, the curtains and blinds closed in, the sun blocked out from every corner.
His features where aged, vast, dark bruised bags based under his eyes, stubble prickling against his chin, and his hair becoming greasy and thin.
His eyes where blank and misty, shirt untucked, he hadn't changed in a few days, and alcohol was stained, cascading down and he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.
He laughed, his voice rusty and cracked as the glass of whiskey slipped from his grasp, and shattered on the floor, the sound echoing throughout the house.

Draco chuckled again, standing on shaky legs, and grabbed the bottle before throwing it sluggishly at the wall, before bellowing out in song, and smashing more glasses and empty bottles of alcohol.

"I AM KING HENRY THE EIGHTH, I AM!"he began, his voice hoarse, and It vibrated throughout the rooms, the empty silence filled with slurred drunkenness.

When he faintly staggered his way around the house, bellowing in song, he found his way to his room, thin layers of dust had been cluttering up silently over the years.
He groaned, before cracking a crooked grin, and falling back into the silver covers, dust particles rising elegantly in the air.

Suddenly, he heard a harsh rapping coming from the front door.
His brain pounded angrily against the base of his skull, and he yelled in frustration, before jumping up, his knees buckling as he made his way to the door.

Draco pulled tiredly on the handle, and threw it open, before a cocky smirk played on his lips, the sunlight stretching into the shadowed house, slobbering  slightly.
A pair of green eyes met his, and he chuckled playfully.

"Long time, No see Potter"

Harry stepped into the house, looking around.
His features where neat and well presented, fully clad in a handsome suit and tie,
His hair was the same old Harry-hair it'd always been, frazzled in different directions.

"Well.. your home is.. lovely"coughed Harry, wincing at the darkness and untidiness of Draco's bachelor pad.

"What do you want Potter?"growled Draco, the sunlight getting to his head.

"I have some information that you must know, please, take a seat", Harry replied.

Draco slammed the door, and pulled open the curtains, to unleash yet another thrash of painful lighting.

"What is it?" He sat down in the arm chair, across from Harry on the couch.

"How have you been-"

"Cut the crap Potty, What is this important information that I must know so badly that you have come!"

"Ok Ok,"shrugged Harry, shuffling uncontrollably in the sofa.

"Um.. Hermione Granger, as you must have heard-"

"No, I haven't, What's wrong with her?"

"Well, when she was on a mission, she was fighting with a Death Eater, .. as she was obliviating him.. the curse rebounded and the curse affected her memory, leaving her with nothing.
The ministry took her to St.Mungoes, it turned out that she knew words, still educated, but she knows everything apart from family, friends, magic, everything.. so, we are relocating her here.. at the house against the hill.
So, we, the ministry, want you to look in on her, keep an eye on her, and make sure she's ok".

Draco was sat upright in the armchair, his eyebrows furrowed, hair falling limply into his eyes.
"When will she come?"

"Next week, Wednesday.."

He sighed, rolling his shoulders, leaned back into the arm chair, head back, and closing his eyes.
"Why do I have to babysit Granger?.."

"Believe if it or not, she has lost her memories, she won't remember you, or me, or anyone, it's time to make a new start, while you have the chance, and lighten up,"

Harry stood to his feet, before walking sternly towards the front door, hand on the knob.

"Think about it"

And he left.

Draco sighed, sitting up, and biting his cracked lip quietly.
"Hermione Granger.."he whispered, closing his eyes once again, and imagining her face in his mind.

She's probably changed vastly, her beautiful features must have grown, and she's probably
An angel of a young woman.

"New chance"he muttered.