•Chapter Two•

_______________

"Time Is Very Slow,
For Those Who Wait.
Very Fast For Those
Who Are Scared.
Very Long For Those
Who Lament.
Very Short For Those
Who Celebrate.
But For All Those Who Love,
Time Is Eternal".
~ William Shakespeare

_______________

Anguilla, The Valley.

Draco Malfoy ambled along the neat pavements of The Valley, past the beautiful houses and shops and restaurants.
Everything there, was wonderfully gorgeous.
Except, of course, Him.

Everyone there wore shorts, flip-flops, tops, dresses, in a range of thousands and thousands of colours.
No one there wore coats, blazers, jackets, trousers, shoes, socks, especially not in any form of dark colour.
Except, of course, Him.

To them, he was the odd one out, the ugly duckling, Ugly?! Well! His Mother would be rolling around in her grave!
Draco Malfoy, Ugly, It was outrageous!

But, he had to give it to them, he wasn't looking after himself, he wasn't cleaning up, his appearance was terrible and messy.

He should've moved to Elm Street, scare some kids there.

Draco was soon shaken out of his thought, as he trundled down the pavement, past a pristine sparkling window of a book shop.
He turned his head, eyes glazing the window, before his jaw clenched, his knees buckled, and his eyes widened at the sight of her.

A woman sat by the window, in hand, she had a thick leather brown book.
She had long honey warm brown curls, that cascaded down the side of her shoulder, thin pink lips, a tint of black eyeshadow against her eye lids, and a dash of mascara masking her eyelashes.
She had thick swirling brown eyes, that glowed as she turned the page, biting her lip.
She wore a beige jumper dress, quite a dull colour to be wearing out in Anguilla, but he couldn't say anything.
She had light blue jeans on, and a pair of black laced boots.
She turned the page again.
Draco eyes lightened when he looked at her, and mentally murdered himself for even liking the idea of them-
"Excuse me! What day is it today?"he asked frantically to the short woman, who had a wide grin on her face.

"It's Wednesday, darling,"she smiled, and walked away, her flip-flops clicking down the path.

Merlin's Beard! It was Wednesday!
Granger was coming.. Granger.. was-"

He turned back to the window pane again, only to realise that she had gone, gone and out the door.

Draco ran after her, his mind was completely blank, and so, when he finally caught up with her, he didn't know what to say.

She squealed, eyes wide with surprise, and stopped moving, the large leather book held tightly against her chest.

"Are.. you.. Hermione Granger?"He asked Breathlessly, clearly drowning himself in alcohol had taken its toll on him.

"Yes, I-I am, why?"She asked.

Draco placed his hand on her shoulder, and gave her a crooked smile
"I was told you'd come, Hi, I'm Draco Malfoy,"
He held out his hand, Hermione laughed nervously and shook his hand, before walking down the pavement, only to be followed by Draco.

"So.. how are you settling in?"

Hermione's sighed and turned to him, giving him a hesitant smile.
"It's been tiring, moving.. but.."she stopped walking, her eyebrows furrowed, and placed a hand against her forehead.
"Ugh, I can't seem to remember.. ... oh it'll come to me later,"Hermione groaned, walking again, and again being followed by Draco.

"So where are you staying?"He asked, speeding up his run.

"I'm the house on the hill," she mumbled.
"Oh, it's beautiful up there, have you been by the coast?"

"No, I haven't.. I'll have to take a look, I heard it's magical"she smiled, her face brightening up.

"Yeah, it is,"he smirked, gazing at her.
As they made their way up the street, people where looking at them, and their dark clothing, the sun beating down on them.

"Hey, why don't we go to the coast now? It'll be fun, come on- I'll show ya'" he grasped her hand, and ran up the street.

Hermione burst into laughter, as people stared at them, Draco chuckled, and they dashed towards the coast, out of breath.

The sun was glowering in the skies, yellow orange and a warm white glow  beat down on them.
The coast was beautiful, the milky sea waves crashed into the crumbling sand, and the sky was a faded pale blue.

Hermione gasped, her eyes wide with excitement.
"It's beautiful!"she whispered.

Draco smirked again, placing a hand on her lower back, making her flinch slightly, but kept on gazing at the sun set.

After a while, the sun began to sink into the sea, and the cool breeze swept them off their feet.

"I should really get home now, but I've had a lovely time"she smiled, her eyes sparkling.
"You where right, it was a wonderful idea"

Draco grinned, and she stepped away, ready to leave.

"GoodBye, Draco Malfoy!"

And she left.
Draco walked back to his house Down the coast.

When he went inside, he was greeted by the strong stench of alcohol and stale.
He scrunched his nose up, and went to grab his wand, but he forgot.

He couldn't use magic.

"Fuck.."he growled, walking back up the stairs, towards his room, and flipped down into the silver covers.