•Chapter Three•

_____________

"You say that you love the rain,
Yet you open your umbrella when it rains.
You say that you love the sun,
Yet you find a shadow spot when the sun shines.
You say that you love the wind,
Yet you close the windows when the wind blows.
This is why I am afraid;
You say that you love me too".
~ William Shakespeare

________________

Anguilla, The Valley

Draco Malfoy stretched as he woke, yawning widely and tumbling down the stairs to receive his regular Daily Profit.
He groaned harshly, sounding like a deranged boar, and picked it up off the counter.
Once again, there was a splatter of owl droppings and bits of straw stuck, typical.
He rolled his eyes, and scraped it off with a cup coaster, getting a better view of the front page.

•WAR HEROINE DEAD

Hermione Granger, 25, has been found dead in Whitechapel earlier on last night.
She was found with her body scarred and burnt, in a pool of blood.
The Minister for Magic, Kingsley Shaklebolt, has stated a speech in her honour:
"Hermione was an asset to the wizarding world, and we will all deeply miss her.
There will be a statue made in her honour for her bravery and -"
Draco scrunched up the newspaper and threw it across the room.

"Bloody London,"he hissed, through gritted teeth.

It was all just a cover up, they didn't want to tell the whole of wizarding London that Hermione Granger has lost her memories, and that a duo of Death Eaters has risen up to recreate The Dark Lord.

That day, Draco did something he never did, he changed his outfit, and cut his hair.
Sorry to bring your hopes up, but he just wore a dark suit and tie.
He walked out the house with a piece of toast between his teeth, and ambled neatly towards the town.
He strode to the small supermarket, ignoring strange looks he got from the regular happy chatty, gossiping people, and stepped into the air conditioned building.
He grabbed a shopping basket, and huffed, rolling his eyes, and picked out some things.
He got two loafs of white bread, green apples, butter, a pint of milk, packet of spaghetti, meat, sauce, sausages, potatoes, juice, salad, wine, more wine.. more and more wine, lemonade, coke, and some other stuff.
When he walked to the counter, the little old woman gushed happily, and clapped twice, before enticing him in a conversation.
"Oh hello! Haven't seen you in a long time! How is everything? Weren't you married?
Oh that's right, you know there's a speed table dating thing going on next week, you should go!"

"No, sor-"

"Wonderful! I'll see you then!"she squealed.
Draco gazed at her with hooded eyes as she went to chat up another customer who was happily engaged in it, and walked off with his bags of shopping.
As he walked out, he growled, more looks and gossiping about him, and made his way down the path.

Hermione was ambling down the pavement, fully draped in her jogging suit, her handbag kept on sliding down her shoulder, and she growled in annoyance.
The wind gushed past, and blew her hair over her face, making her look like a complete twit, and she cried, coming to a stop, and fixing it, as it fluttered and spazamed in the breeze.

She looked up through her hair, and saw Draco, trotting down the street, an overflowing bag of shopping in hand, clad in a neat suit and tie, his hair chopped off and placed in a neat quiff.

"Dra-God's sake, dra- ugh! Dra-OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOOOOP!"she screamed, dropping her handbag, her eyebrows furrowed, and the smiley happy people stared at her with strange faces, and suddenly began to gossip, typical.
Her hair was all over the place, everything had fallen out of her bag, and people had began to talk about her.
Somehow the people there had hair which stayed in exactly the same place, and looked neat and robotic with plastered smiles, stress free.
Wouldn't it be wonderful?

Draco turned around, and saw Hermione Granger in the distance, having a stress related breakdown.
He chuckled, his Adam's apple bobbling against the skin on his throat, and he walked up to her, as she crouched on the floor and picked up the things that had showers across the road from her bag.

"Let me help you with that,"he smirked, leaning down and picking up something.

Hermione looked up at him, hair in her face, and thanked him, before standing up shakily and thanked him again. Draco sighed once he placed the last thing back in her bag, and smiled. "It was no trouble,"although Hermione could tell that the smile didn't quite reach his eyes, and hidden beneath the surface was dark secrets, and a world of doom and gloom.

She placed a hand on his arm, and have him a warm grin.
"Look, I'll take you to the new coffee place up there"she pointed with an elegant bony finger
"I hear, from the old woman at the shop, that they had wonderful muffins!"

Draco chuckled again, and ran a finger through his newly cut hair.
"Sure, but I better get this in the house-"

"Oh! Sorry! Right Ok, that'll give me time to change into something else,"she gestured to her jogging outfit that was quite tight actually, and made Draco's mind wander to images of-
"Awesome! I'll meet you at the same place by the coast,"she winked, and ran off, down the road.

Draco turned and watched her, his eyes searching her body as she flew down the street.
"My my my, I am a lucky man,"he laughed to himself, and walked back home.

'KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!'

Draco jumped, just as he was putting the last of the food away, and raised an eyebrow in frustration, before walking to the door and opening it harshly.

It was a young man,
He was quite handsome and muscular, his arms huge and bulging, as if he trained by pulling the arms off thieves or something.
His hair was black and silky, spiked and neat.
He had no top on, which exposed his muscles and glory, and was clad in a pair of running joggers.

"Hi! I just wanted to ask if you wanted to donate to-"

Draco sniggered, rolling his eyes.
"No, sorry, goodbye," and he walked out, slamming the door, and speedily waltzing up the pathway from his house, to the coast where Hermione stood.

She wore a pretty little red dress, That billowed in the wind, her hair was down again, but was fixed with fine curls that helped the edge of the sea air. She had thick red lipstick on, and a darker shade of black eyeshadow tinting her eyelids.

"Everything Alright?"she asked loudly, the crashing of the waves blocking every sound.

"Fine, Fine"He Called, Walking up to her.
"You look beautiful,"he smirked.

Hermione blushed, and it took over her face like a she was about to explode, and she giggled quietly, before taking Draco's arm, and walking with him towards the town.