Part Four

Thanks to all for voting and commenting for the previous part. Sorry for the long delay, had been travelling.

Gauri

"Om." Gauri takes a step towards him.

Om takes a step back. Then without a word, he turns around and walks out.

"Om... listen to me." Gauri calls out as she ran behind him but Om without a word walked off to his room.

Om was about to close the door to the bedroom when Gauri puts her foot forward and keeps the door ajar.

"Om... listen... I didn't kill anyone." Gauri tells him frantically.

Om walks back as he tried to keep some distance between them.

"Om... did you hear what my mother said? I was not responsi..."

"I HEARD EVERYTHING!" Om tells her.

"Om... I didn't have any affair with Kaali..."

"STOP IT, GAURI... STOP IT, PLEASE!" Om screams as he screamed in agony.

"Om... what happened?" Gauri asks as she tried to move closer to him.

"Don't come near me." Om tells her as he moved back.

"Om... don't you believe her? What she had said?" Gauri asks him as she felt tears pricking her eyes.

"Mom told me... you kept telling me... but I didn't believe any of you... what did I do? How could I have been so blind? Everyone told me that I was misunderstanding you... but I was adamant."

"Om..."

"You once told me that without knowing you, I had judged you and everything that you did, I started misunderstanding you..."

"It's okay, Om... now you know the truth." Gauri tells him as she tried to move towards him.

"ITS NOT OKAY! HOW CAN IT BE, GAURI? I left you with Kaali in my anger and hatred! I left you there!" Om tells her in panic. "I kept insulting you! I kept doubting you! Every good that you did for my family, I thanked you with insults!"

"You begged me to believe you but I didn't. I pushed you around... I accused you of things that you didn't do... even when you lost your memory, I tortured you. I told you that you killed Jhanvi Takurain!"

"What have I done? God! Why? Why did I do all this? Why? How could I?" Om asks in a frantic whisper as he walked around like a lunatic.

Gauri hurries to him and hugs him tight.

"Leave me." Om says as he tried to get out of her tight grip. But she held on.

She couldn't see him like this. He was cracking and she couldn't have him break.

"It's okay, Om... Whatever you did to her doesn't matter... she is no longer here. It's just me."

"Chulbul, she and you are all the same, GAURI! I couldn't do justice with my best friend. I had promised lifelong friendship, and betrayed that."

Gauri quickly cups his face and tells him, "You didn't. I am in this house because of your friendship only. Otherwise why would you have kept me here?"

"If Shivaay hadn't convinced me, I wouldn't have gone to look for you!"

"But you did!"

"God!" Om moans in shock. "Shivaay had wanted to go search for you immediately but I wouldn't let him go without doing the function. For Anika Bhabhi... I waited till that night. If we had left when he had told me to, you wouldn't have lost your memory."