Chapter 44

Kelsey and Arthur went to one of the tables to sit down after they finished their song. They chatted about things like muggle contraptions and why they even had balls. Meanwhile the boys were playing wizard chess upstairs, already fed up with the ball.

"Kas make your move already!" Jackson groaned. Karkat was asleep on his bed tie undone and one shoe on as he laid face down in the pillows. Kas shook his head.

"But there's no great move that will ensure success." Kas said looking intently at the board. Jackson groaned and fell backwards.

"Kaaaaaas." He whined. Kas shushed him scoldingly and finally moved his piece. "Yes!" He exclaimed and moved his piece.

"And now I can do this!" Kas smile, making the winning move.

"Nooooooooooooooooo!" Jackson cried in defeat.

"You wanted me to make my move. But you should be counted on me winning after assessing the board for so long and you, so little." Jackson laid on the ground, complaining about loosing. "Jackson keep your voice down. Now either go to the ball or go put on your pajamas."

"I'm gonna go see if Arthur and Kelsey are done bonding." Jackson huffed and put on his shoes.

"Okay. Kelsey is spending the night, so tell her to hurry up. Karkat's asleep which means we have to sleep soon or else we'll be woken up early." Kas called as Jackson walked out of the door. Once the door closed, Kas quickly took off his dress robes and changed into his pajamas, which were royal blue and made out of fairy silk. "Karkat? Can you please change into your pajamas?" Karkat groaned in response. "If you don't I will."

"Then do it." He mumbled drowsily. Kas sighed and pulled off Karkat's shirt and pants. He grabbed the pajama shirt and the pajama pants. Making Karkat sit up and face him, Kas slipped the shirt onto him and allowed Karkat to put his face on Kas's shoulder while he worked the pants onto his friend. "Kassy you smell nice." Karkat murmured, his breath causing Kas to shiver slightly.

"Thank you. Now lay back down while I pick up." Kas said blushing, trying to move to pick up the surrounding area. Karkat pulled Kas down to lay next to him and started spooning the poor black haired boy. "Kaleab let me go." Kas said in a slightly higher pitch voice.

"Nope, you're warm Kassy." Karkat nuzzled into Kas's neck making Kas squeak. "Just go to sleep."

"But-"

"Kaspien Charles Goodman, please go to sleep." Kas sighed and relaxed, listening to Karkat breathe until he was lulled to sleep.

Jackson was currently resting on Arthur's back as the three walked back to Karkat's room. "Thanks for carrying me man."

"Your welcome. I mean, you did sprain your ankle because you were coming to get us so it was the least I could do." Arthur replied. Kelsey was walking barefoot next to them and humming one of the songs she had heard the musicians playing.

"Hey how much do you boys want to bet that Kas is being spooned by Karkitty right now?" She asked out of the blue.

"A galleon says that they aren't." Jackson and Arthur said at the same time.

"Fine. Two galleons say that they are and KK is the big spoon." She grinned and practically ran to the room. "Come on!" She whisper yelled. Arthur jogged a bit making Jackson bounce a bit. "Time for the big reveal!"

The three of them peaked into the room and the boys groaned. "Dang it Kelsey." Jackson huffed making Arthur's hair move a bit.

"Can we just admire how cute they are together?" Kelsey commented. Arthur frowned at her. "What they're a cute couple!"