Into the Abyss of Ipos

Masrur gazed up at the sapphire sky and sighed for the millionth time that afternoon

Masrur gazed up at the sapphire sky and sighed for the millionth time that afternoon. It had been a day since Eko and the others left for Ipos.

Behind Masrur's stone exterior was a man worried about his lover. He had tried to argue with Eko (well she did the arguing while he merely glared and let his fears be known from the look in his eyes), but of course, she won. Their goodbye at the docks was a subtle one. Even though Masrur didn't say much, he knew that Eko understood his feelings.

Masrur let out one final sigh before turning to return to the palace.

Life wasn't the same without his little summoner around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good Solomon, this is a mess," Eko hissed to herself as she pushed herself to run faster. She had gotten separated from the others after Lo'lo threw a stone at what appeared to be a statue while arguing with Asena. It turned out that the "statue" was actually one of the residents of the dungeon. Kouen and Fawn chased down one corridor while Lo'lo and Asena were chased down another. That left Eko with Muu.

"I think we are good," Muu commented as the two came to a stop. Eko panted slightly and scowled at the ground.

"This is why I hate dungeons. Everything is trying to kill you."

Muu chuckled and gave her a pat on the back.

"Carina said the same thing when we entered Barbatos"

"Shut up."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kouen sliced the last of the winged monsters in half with his sword before turning to inspect Fawn. Fawn gave a pained smile as Kouen's Astaroth djinn equip faded. Fawn's ankle throbbed in pain, but she knew it was nothing majorly serious.

"I'm fine, My Prince," she insisted. Kouen just narrowed his eyes and hoisted Fawn up into his arms bridal style.

"You know better than to lie to me, Little Doe," Kouen rumbled. Fawn sighed and remained silent. When it came to Kouen, it was best to just let him have his way sometimes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is all YOUR fault!" Asena hissed hurling a stone the size of Lo'lo's head at him. Lo'lo shattered the rock into millions of pieces with a single hit from his fist.

"Oh, it's MY fault? Who was the one who had to have the last word?" Lo'lo snarled back.

Asena and Lo'lo continued to glare at each other. They had no idea how long they had been separated from the others, but they knew that they needed to head for the treasure room if they were to meet up with the others again.