3| Trapped

This morning I woke up ... a bit different than usual.

It wasn't the different routine when waking up, I was just feeling much different.

Eccentric.

I didn't know what was different, something just felt different.
'Must be the hunger from not eating last night,' I thought.

I got up as usual, had a shower, blow dried my hair, braided my hair after brushing it, brushed my teeth and then slipped on some jean shorts and a pink long sleeves cotton shirt saying 'Chicago'.

I looked at myself in the mirror and decided to place on top of my head a Ralph Loren Chino Hat.

I pressed my lips together and contemplated whether I looked good or not.

I mean it could be worse.

I picked up my school bag from the floor and headed downstairs to eat some breakfast.

I grabbed an apple and found a rushed note on the island.

I'm working early, I'll come home at about 12:00am , have whatever fit lunch and dinner, your father is still in New York.

-Mum.

I sighed, she and dad were just the same. See if you wanted to live in my area then you had to be either a very rich or 'I'm not rich but I'm not poor' kind of person.

I was in the 'I'm not a billionaire, I just have lots of money' category, I am grateful for everything ... but I don't have my parents when I need them.

They work so hard for the money that they don't realise that the the person they love and the reason for it, is lonely and doesn't want the money.

Its them.

I grabbed an apple from the fruit basket, took a bite savouring the sour and sweet juice and munched on it on the way to school.

I kept my attention on my phone screen reading one of my favourite Wattpad Book so far.

Once I arrived at school I didn't really pay attention to my surroundings and then I got into class.

Wow this book was interesting.

And then I heard a scream behind me.

I turned my head and behind me was Hannah Carlos and Cartia Aylongs staring at each other in horror.

My attention was on Hannah at first, 'Why the fuck can I read her mind!' I heard someone shout eerily familiar to Hannah's sharp voice ... but in my head.

Or was it only in my head?

My attention turned to Cartia, 'I just heard what she said!' She screamed.

But I only heard it in my head, so the origin must be...

In Cartias' head.

I could read her thoughts.
I could read Hannah's thoughts.

I gasped loudly and everyone turned to look at me.

But I didn't care.
I didn't notice.

It took a lot of nerve for someone shy like me but there were no nerves her, it was replaced by shock, "I can read your mind," I whispered.