Prologue

Anna Ruby Richmond, of sixteen years, daughter to one Jackal Alden Richmond, did not mind going to parties. Being raised her whole life on Coruscant, she was very much accustomed to it. She didn't mind the long sleeve light beige lace dress that came down a little below her knees or the matching beige stilettos on her feet. After all, she was the daughter of a high ranking imperial officer and a young lady of high class. Not to mention she was into fashion as well. She didn't mind the fact that her long golden hair was pulled up in two matching braids at the back of her head. Anna didn't mind the wearing make up or the light brown suede jacket draped over her shoulders. She didn't mind the fact that she was accompanying her father to a party for imperial officers, or the fact that she would be one of the few people attending who wasn't an imperial officer, but a guest. She didn't even mind the fact that she would probably be the youngest person at the party either. What Anna did mind however, was the fact that, besides her father, there would be no one whom she knew there.
  Well, there would have been one other person that Anna had known, except that he would be unable to attend due to the fact that work prevented him from returning home. Anna sighed. Her cousin was always way too busy anymore since he had gotten promoted. He should have been able to come home at least once in awhile from time to time, she hadn't seen him in almost a year.

  When Anna came downstairs, her father Jackal Alden Richmond was waiting on the couch. Dressed in the standard uniform of an imperial officer, with his jet black hair and sharp features, her father looked as cool and menacing as ever. Lucky for Anna though, she was daddy's precious little girl, Jackal Richmond's whole world. It had been just them living together since Anna's mother had died in a tragic accident when Anna was only five.
The two of them left and got in the transport. Anna watched the Coruscant skyline pass by outside the window as they approached their destination. The tall, magnificent skyscrapers forever lost to the surface above in the low light of the plant was something that Anna had always found to be beautiful.

The term magnificent was an understatement. So were the terms colossal, enormous, gigantic, and of course large, huge or big. The great palace that loomed overhead was exquisitely beautiful and even the more so on the inside. The light from all the many chandeliers was beautifully distributed throughout the ballroom via all the crystal, glass, and fountains. There were long tables with expensive china surrounded by equally expensive chairs that were all probably custom cut from wood from who knows where for who knows how much.
  One thing was for certain though, the Empire spared absolutely no expense on its establishments, or the Emperor, for that matter, who no doubt probably owned this particular palace along with a few dozen or so more other ones.
Luxury was nothing new to Anna, who practically lived in a palace herself. Her fathers mansion was certainly big enough but regardless she had to admit that the Emperor definitely lived up to the saying go big or go home.

After about an hour or so later, even the beauty and exquisiteness of the world around her could not keep Anna from becoming bored. Ever since she and her father stepped foot into the party, it was pretty much déjà vu for Anna. Smile, greet, and repeat with the occasional drink in between. Anna had no idea why her father had bothered to introduce her to so many people. After all, it wasn't like they would care. They were imperial officers, they would have better things to do and talk about then to socialize with a sixteen year old child, even if said child was related to one of their own.
When Anna had had enough, she left and went outside to the courtyard. There were two levels to the courtyard, an upper level and a lower level. Anna stood on the upper level under an overhang and watched all the ships pass by in the distance. She wished she could be with her friends right now. Even though Anna had dreamed of being an imperial officer her whole life for as long as she could remember, she knew that for right now this was not her place even though soon it will be.
Right then her father Jackal Richmond came outside and interrupted her thoughts. He told his daughter that there was one more person who he wanted her to meet tonight.
"Please father, I don't want to meet anyone else. Please, can't I just stay out here until it's time to go?" Anna begged her father, even though she was getting too old to be doing so. Jackal sighed.
"Don't be rude Anna, come on. There's just one more person I want you to meet."
"Then we can go?" Anna tested. She watched her father think for a moment.
"Deal." Jackal Richmond told his daughter. She wasn't completely sure, but Anna was pretty sure that she saw some mysterious smugness flash in her fathers eyes before leading her back inside.

Once back inside, Anna's father got caught up in talking to another officer and once again Anna was stuck standing by her fathers side while he had yet another conversation with someone who, if they even knew she was standing there, probably didn't care that she existed. And there's still another one that he wants me to meet! Anna thought dejectedly. She tried not to sigh and tried to look like she was paying attention to their conversation. It must have worked for a minute because Anna didn't even hear the man approach her from behind.
"Why hello, you must be Anna. I'm Orson Krennic. Your father always speaks so highly of you." Said the man Krennic with a smile as he shook your hand. Anna was a little surprised to meet someone who actually seemed friendly but she smiled back and shook his hand. He definitely seemed a little different to Anna, and not just in his manner either. Instead of wearing the standard imperial uniform, his was a brilliant white contrasted with black trousers. Not to mention the fact that he wore a white cape and black gloves. But what Anna found really captivating about him where his eyes. They were a beautiful clear bright blue shade that Anna was sure she had never seen before. They were eyes that could somehow appear friendly one minute but most likely blazing with rage the next. Anna could get lost in those eyes.
  "I see you've met my daughter." Anna's father said snapping her out of her momentary daydream, turning around with a smile to face them.
For the rest of the night, Anna talked with her fathers friend and by the end of the night, she had to admit that it was worth it to stay. The man Krennic gave her his utmost attention. They talked and laughed over drinks, and he even asked her to dance with him a couple times. Anna of course accepted his offer. Finally when it was time to go home, Krennic smiled and said goodbye to Anna and promised he'd come see her again when he visited her father.
That night when she went to bed, Anna was glad that her father had persuaded her to stay at the party, even though she wanted to go home, just a few moments longer.

Prologue is completed and we've already met (a younger and possibly slightly tipsy or drunk) Director Krennic! Yay! Don't worry though, our favorite Director will resume being his normal self in the first chapter.
My understanding is that Krennic was somewhere around fifty or fifty one years old when he was killed in Rogue One, so I've aged him down a little bit for this story. For example, when Anna is twenty four years old, Krennic would only be forty nine and that would be around the events in Rogue One. So when Anna is sixteen, Krennic is forty one and when Anna would be eighteen and marry Krennic, Krennic would be forty three. So a twenty five year age difference between them.
Please feel free to leave any feedback, questions, comments, or concerns you might have, and feel free to correct my grammar because I'm sure there's going to be lot of mistakes as English is/was my worst subject in school.
Anyway, thanks to everyone reading this! I'll try to update weekly or once every other week at the most. We'll see how that goes.
One last thing, if anyone would be even slightly interested in reading a Star Wars, Rogue One, AND Kong Skull Island crossover, please let me know. I watched the movie last night and this idea just popped up in my head and I think it would be very interesting. I thought I'd write this story however, because of the serious lack of Krennic Fanfiction floating around, and decided to make the pool a little less lacking.