aries

Please excuse any mistakes or typos I may have made.
________________

Hands. Little hands were slapping against Louis' chest. He lets out a soft groan and blinks his eyes open. He grunts when the bright sun rays hit his eyes and squeezes them shut again.

"Mama." Aries quietly whispers into Louis' ear, hand petting the soft brown hair sitting on top of Louis' head. Louis slowly opens his blue eyes once more, focusing on the sight of his 2 year old son Aries sitting atop his chest.

Louis' sleepiness melts away once Aries smiles widely at him, dimples popping through his cheeks. Louis' heart clenches at the sight of them. Aries looks exactly like him.

"Good morning baby, did you sleep well?" Louis murmurs softly as he sits up, wrapping his arms around Aries' body to prevent him from falling backwards. Louis then slides him down so Aries is perched on his lap.

"Yeah, Mama." He mumbles back as he pushes his face further into his mommy's bare chest. Louis yawns into his fist and uses his free hand to brush his fingers through Aries' curly hair.

"Are you hungry, buddy?" He asks his son, tilting Aries' head up to look at him. Aries shakes his head and grins at Louis, showing his many teeth that are in the process of growing in.

"No hungry, eat mum-mum." He speaks cryptically. Louis frowns and brushes some stray crumbs away from the corner of his mouth.

"How did you.." Louis trails off when he hears a knock on his bedroom door. He looks up and locks eyes with Niall, his best friend. Niall grins and waves a little at Louis, blue eyes shining.

"Hi Lou, I already fed Ari. He ate eggs and toast with my famous chocolate milk." Niall informs Louis with a wide smile. Aries let's out a squeal which catches the attention of both men.

"Choco milk! So yummy, mmm." He says while rubbing his tummy. Louis giggles and nuzzles his nose against his temple while Niall laughs from his position at the door.

"I'm glad you liked it bud." Niall replies while stepping further into the room. Louis smiles at his friend and slides out of bed, shifting Aries to his hip.

"Why are you here, Ni? Not that I don't enjoy your presence but it's only.." Louis turns his head to look at the clock on his bedside table, "8:30 am." He shifts back around to look at Niall as Aries buries his face into the crook of Louis' neck.

"I thought we could take Aries to the park today." Niall says brightly while clapping his hands, glancing at Aries whose head shot up once the park was mentioned.

"It'll be so much fun, we can even go out to eat for Lunch." Niall offers while shifting his gaze back to the omega.

Louis hums as he thinks, bouncing Aries on his hip. "Ari, do you want to go to the park with Uncle Ni and Mommy?" He questions his son, brushing a stray curl away from his eye.

Aries squeals and claps his hands before nodding his head. "Park! Yes mama!" He shouts before starting to wiggle in Louis' arms.

"Shoes, shoes mama, park!" Niall chuckles at the enthusiasm Aries has, shaking his head in disbelief. There is no doubt that he is Louis' child.

"Baby, calm down okay? Mama has to eat first and then we can get you ready for the park. You have to behave though, alright?" Louis tells his son with a grin before dropping a kiss to the dimple on his left cheek.