Chapter 13 iGhost

48 Hours Later......

"Blood pressure nominal. Heart rate nominal. BPM nominal. He's stabilizing across the board." Garret heard a voice as he opened his eyes a little. A blinding white light greeting him. He decided to close his eyes for a little longer. "He's decayed quite a bit since the transfusion. But with the stabilizers we injected into his bloodstream should stop it now." A voice said. Male. Sounded rather young. "He's got quite the nasty set of scars on his face. Where did these come from?" A middle aged male voice asked. "Upon further scans, it turns out the decay patters where following the bones in his face. Leaving an imprint of a skull on him. Looks kinda cool if you ask me." A female answered. "Hive this is M.O.M sickbay. Simon is awake, I repeat Simon is awake." The same middle aged voice said. "Copy actual. This is Hive. Wake him up." A static voice responded. Sounded like a radio. "Roger that. All units be advised. Simon is awake." Garret felt like he was rising. A cold sensation on his skin. "Garret." A voice said. "Garret wake up." It repeated. "Mr. Alistair please wake up." Garret felt a hand pat his cheek. His eyes opened. Because of the necrosis his one eye was pale white. While the other a tinted red. "Hey kid." A Doctor said. He was a slimmer man in a white lab coat. "My name is Doctor York. We are M.O.M, we just saved your life." He said. Garret looked around, his vision still adjusting. He was in a medic bay. Surrounded by white. "Where am I...? What happened?" He asked. "According to records from Ms. Smith you where badly wounded during an altercation with the AMEF. A massive amount of blood loss prompted operative Zombina to initiate a blood transfusion. Unfortunelty you did not receive the same drugs she did prior. You where on the verge of turning. Thanks to Smiths quick thinking she brought you here. To the most secure military base on the planet. We injected you with embalming fluids. Young man, you are in the uncanny valley between alive and dead." Garret looked at his hands. Stained with his own blood. Cuts and bruises all over his naked body. "Zombina....did this to me?" He asked. "She did it to save your life. And by the looks of things she did just that. Sad thing is you have suffered permanent scars to your face. This was a result of burns and decaying in the last two days. The government didn't want you to come here but we insisted. We thought you could help us against the AMEF. Since you seem to be our secret weapon now. Your attributes have increased shockingly high. Your speed, strength, thought process. Everything has been sharpened. All of the traits of a zombie."

Garret picked up the mirror and looked at his face. Shocked, he couldn't believe it. "I....I look like some kind of ghost...." he says. "It's almost like...ash....." he adds. "We are very sorry but we can't remove them. Without taking your eyesight and possibly your voice too." Garret shook his head. "I clearly don't want that....I guess I've got no choice but to live with it." They let Garret out. Giving him standard issue uniform pieces. A wife beater, and baggy pants with boots. The shirt read "M.O.M TASK FORCE 49" he put it on. "Welcome to task force 49 Garret. Or should I say Phantom." A voice said. It was Zombina and the rest of the team. She kissed the scarred man. "I'm so sorry you have to see this." She says sad. "No, it's fine. I'm sick of watching them burn down embassies for kicks. It's time someone did something about it."

'ATTENTION TASK FORCE 49 THROUGH 51 REPORT TO HANGER C6-1'
"Welcome to the team Garret, from now on you will be called Phantom here and on comms. This is your first op. Smith tells us your handy with a gun so we'll skip that part. My names Lex, Welcome to Operation Uppercut. We need you and Zombina to make your way down to Osaka, we believe the AMEF are preparing to test missile capabilities. If our assumption is true. They could destroy the other two embassies from anywhere in the world. The rest of you, I need you to cut the power once they get in. Sync your watches on arrival to 0705 hours. Cut the power at 0800 hours no later. Ladies and gentlemen if we fail this OP, chances are, the AMEF may succeed in eradicating all political monster figures on the face of this earth. And if that happens. The Human Monster Exchange Bill will be terminated, and all monsters will be exiled. We can't let that happen. No pressure but the whole world is counting on you. Keep that in mind." York said saluting us. "Break. We leave in thirty minutes. God Speed."