Tell Me

Lori. Carl.
I repeat these names in my head, echoing the familiar names.
Shane smiles into the hug, "I can't believe it. I didn't think-"
"So you didn't believe in me? Damn, how many times do I have to prove you wrong before you realize I'm fucking invincible?" I laugh.
He grins, "It don't matter now. You're here, Rick's here, all we need to do is keep away from the walkers."
I nod, looking over to Rick and his family. Lori looks up and glares when her eyes reach mine.
I can't help but envy her. She has such a great life; a caring husband, a beautiful boy... I'd do anything to be her.
God, what am I talking about? Rick's not my type. He's my best friend, and he's married!
Carl sees me and his face lights up even more as he runs to me. Lori tries to stop him, but he's running too fast.
"Hazel! Hazel!!!" The boy shouts as he runs into my arms.
I smile, picking him up and twirling him around. Once I'm done, I bring him into a tight hug. He hugs me back, but Lori pulls him off me.
"Your dad wants to talk to you, Carl. Go on, he's near the tents," She says.
He runs off and she sighs.
I bite my lip, "I guess you want to talk to me?"
Lori nods, "Yeah. You better stay away from him, you got it?"
"From who?" I ask.
"You know who. He is my husband."
I furrow my brows, "Yeah? Well he's my best friend. Why are you so protective all of a sudden?"
"You know why!"
"No I don't! Tell me!"
She mutters something under her breath and leaves. Why is she being like that? What did I do to her to deserve this resentment?
I see Rick coming over to me, so I force a smile on my face.
"What were you two girls talking about?" He asks, obviously delighted.
"She was just asking me about how we found them," I lie.
Rick sighs, "You're lying, I can tell. Did she tell you to stay away from me or something?"
"Yeah... Yeah. Why is she like that? What did I do?" I ask.
"I don't know. She... Before I got shot... We got in a fight and she asked me if I was cheating on her. I think... I think she thinks I have feelings for you."
Damn.
"Well... What did you say?" I question.
Rick sighs, "I told her you're my best friend. That's all I said."