-prologue-

Everybody tells you it will all work out if you stay in school

Everybody tells you it will all work out if you stay in school. Everyone emphasizes the importance of graduating high school and then attending a university and getting a bachelor's degree. We are told that in doing all this we can find a good paying job and make a steady income. All the nights spent studying, the student loans and the cup noodles you ate 7 times a week will all be in the past, they said. University is the place where you can be free, meet new people from around the world and enjoy your youth, they said.

And Taehyung believed them.

But he soon realized that that wasn't his reality.

He was on his freshman year at university, aiming for a bachelor's degree in psychology, and Taehyung was ready to take on the new adult life set up for him. He ended up roaming around the city and checking the daily newspaper each week to try and find any job openings that he could apply for but it was all for nothing. Sure, there were job openings available, but the pay could never help him pay his rent and buy food at the same time. His parents were a whole three cities away and they were never well off, so paying the university fees for him was something Taehyung will always be grateful for and the least he could do was try to minimise any more extra expenses as much as possible.

So Taehyung had to take some desperate measures...

Ones that he knew he would regret, but it was better than getting kicked out of his apartment and becoming homeless. He wouldn't tell anyone though, it hurt his pride too much that he would have to stoop this low, but life is a pain and some people get to the top at a young age while others have to scavenge for scraps. 

It's not like anyone would believe him though; male strippers aren't unheard of but they definitely aren't that common, and who would think that nerdy little Taehyung with his oversized glasses and shy demeanor would ever be a stripper? Then again, they do say to expect the unexpected... 

𝐹𝑒𝑒𝒹𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝒾𝓈 𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎 𝓂𝓊𝒸𝒽 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓇𝑒𝒸𝒾𝒶𝓉𝑒𝒹 ♥

𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀𝓈 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔