Chapter 22: Can I Please Know The Reason You Slapped Me?

"Have you checked?"

"Yes."

"Double checked?"

"Yes."

"Triple checked?"

"No."

"Then do it."

"Mia!"

We were about to go on our trip and Mia was so nervous. She made me double check all the bags. Twice.

The guys were arriving in five minutes and Mia was a nervous wreck.

"Mia! It's just a 10 days. You can calm down" I grab her arm and pull her away from the bag she was re-opening.

"I know. I know, but--"

"But nothing. Just leave the bags alone and let's go get our breakfast" I say.

Mia didn't let me eat breakfast because she wanted to pack and repack and repack and...

"Alright, let's go. I'm really hungry" she dragged me towards the kitchen.

My grandma had made breakfast for Mia and I. My mom was at work but she had agreed and I was really surprised because she wasn't a big fan of Jace. I think it was because Mia was coming with me and she had spoken to Logan's mom.

"Morning grandma" I said cheerily as we walked into the kitchen.

"How are my travel babies doing?" My grandma pushes two plates of bacon and eggs towards us.

"Fine grandma. As soon as the boys get here, we'll be on our way" I tell her before taking a bite out of my breakfast.

"Alright. I made some treats for you girls. There are cookies, brownies and cupcakes and make sure to enjoy with your boyfriends" my grandma smiles.

Mia and I choke on our food at the mention of the word "boyfriend".

"Grandma! We are not dating" I cry. What the hell?!

"Well, you don't just take a girl on a trip like this if you're not dating. You kids of nowadays" she mutters under her breath.

I just sigh and continue eating my food. "Thanks for the treats anyway" I add.

When we're done eating, Mia and I just hang out in the living room, talking about different scenarios of this holiday.

Soon enough, Logan arrives but he's not with Jace.

"Aloha, ladies. What's up?" Logan greets when he walks into the living room.

I don't know how my grandma heard or opened the door before us but...

I just ignored his greetings. "Where's Jace?" I asked.

He whistled. "Wow. Hello to you too" he commented sarcastically. "Jace went to the grocery store to pick something up."

"Why aren't we taking one car?" Mia asks him.

"Well, we take two cars just in case of an emergency" he explained. "Speaking of emergencies, did you pack tampons?"

Mia's cheeks turned bright pink but I just had a surprised reaction. "T-tampons?" She stuttered.

"Yeah. Last time we went with Kira, she forgot her tampons and it was kinda weird "he explained.

As soon as he said Kira, he lost me. "Kira? I thought--"

I was interrupted by a knock. "That should be Jace. I'll get it" Mia stood up before I could.