Chapter 28: Then Call Your Lover Boy

Emma
What. The. Hell. Is she.. kissing him?

"What the hell is going on here?" I ask and Mia and Logan walk in.

"Hey Emma, I think.... Uh, what's going on?" Mia asks when she sees me glaring at my parents.

"Uh, I think we should give Emma and her parents some space. Let's go" Jace drags them out but I could care less.

"We need to talk Emma" my dad says and I roll my eyes.

"Sure dad. Why don't you stick your tongue down my mom's throat while you're at it" I reply.

My mom turns beetroot red and she fumes. "Emma!"

"Listen Emma. I know I'm not the best father, in fact you can say I'm not a father at all. But I want you to be happy."

"You want be to be happy? Then leave me the fuck alone. Just leave" I almost pull out my hair. "You're just like an annoying pest, I can't get rid of you. Stop bothering me or I'll call your "pest control", the police."

My mom's eyes widen. "Emma. What has gotten into you? That's no way to talk to your father."

"He's not my father! My father is dead! My father left us a long time ago!" I yell, almost crying.

"Look, I know this is tough for you. You moved here, I came back and now you're moving again but--"

"But nothing dad. You left us. Left! When we were going through the toughest time of our lives! And you sold my sister?! What kind if sick egotistical bastard does that?!"

"I did it for a reason, Emma. I knew I was going to leave. I knew we were bankrupt. I couldn't leave your mother with a newborn and a six year old. What did you expect me to do?!"

"Stay! Help us get through it! I expected you to do something other than leave!" I yell, the tears running down my face. "I expected you to be my dad" I whisper the last part.

"I'm sorry, Emma. I really am and I know I can't but I'm trying my best to make up for it" he says and I begin fuming again.

"Make up for what, dad? For ten years and you buy me a car? A house?" I spit in disgust.

"Yes, yes. I'm trying to" he says. My mom just sits on the couch, crying.

"Well, it's too late" I whisper and run up to my room.

Throwing myself on my bed, I bawl my eyes out.

I remember the last thought I had before I drifted off was, "I hate him."

***

I open my eyes and realize that it's dark. Where's Mia?

I stand up to check the time and it's past eight o'clock.

My head is pounding and my whole body aches. I strip off my clothes and go take a warm shower.

I wrap a towel around myself and grab my phone off the table. I dial Mia's number and wait for her to answer.

"Hello?" She sounds a bit.. breathless.

"Hey Mia. Have you been running?" I ask.

"No, just doing some work" she says and I hear someone snort in the background.

"Is.. is someone there with you?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah. you interrupted us" I hear Logan say and I grin.

"Logan!" She scolds and then answers me. "Oh God. I'm such a bad friend. I'm here with-"

"It's okay. As long as you're fine" I say and Logan responds.