2

Through the silent halls of the Kuchiki mansion, only servants were being heard with trays of food and bottles of the finest alcohol.

Byakuya remained in his headquarters office until it was time for the ceremony. He didn't want to do this, getting married to another woman beside Hisana was unthinkable until that morning. Below all that, the woman was a complete stranger to him, the elders didn't give in any additional information about her - age, occupation, family members, basically something that could aid him to unfold the mystery around that woman.

The servants became louder and Byakuya presumed that the bride had arrived. Preparing for the worst, Byakuya walked to the main hall, where the elders and his grandfather were waiting for the guests.

Soon, the doors slid open and people walked in. The first one was immediately recognized by his long beard and calm face. Genryusai Yamamoto walked to the left side of the room followed by his own lieutenant and a few servants while the girl walked towards the center.

The girl was applauded by the small audience, except by Byakuya. He stood next to Ginrei Kuchiki observing the girl he had already seen on a few occasions. He didn't know her name, but he knew that she was the lieutenant of the thirteenth squad. Maybe her identity was kept a secret, but Byakuya couldn't care less.

Feeling the eyes of the elders on him, Byakuya walked towards the girl but never made eye contact. When he was positioned next to her, the ceremony began and both of them sat down on the red cushion.

Every word that came out of her mouth made Byakuya feel anger. She swore to be by his side regardless of the matter. She promised that she would run the household as perfect as demanded. She giggled when Ginrei Kuchiki called her granddaughter. When it came to the final vow, Byakuya apologized to Hisana. The kiss he shared with that stranger wasn't even a kiss, he just lightly touched the girl's lips, not even bothering to look at her face for once. He didn't even notice how red her cheeks were or how soft her lips felt. He didn't care, he just wanted that ceremony to end as soon as possible.

Ora was her name. Short, pitiful and uncommon name. From that night on, she was going to be his new Lady. Formally of course. There was just no way that she was going to be accepted.

When the ceremony ended, Byakuya left the main hall and walked to his room. The moment he was avoiding had come. For the ceremony to be complete, the consummation of the wedding needed to be done, in other words, Byakuya and Ora needed to have a fleshy intercourse. He didn't want to touch another woman's body, Hisana was the last one. Her small body who fused perfectly with his, her small figure that he embraced every night. Her gentle smile while she brushed his hair.

All those thoughts gave him the strength to get out of his room and head to her temple. There, he prayed for her and apologized for not taking care of her properly.

"You would still be here if I didn't put my duties first," Byakuya said to Hisana's photo. "I'm sorry."

Ora sat on the empty mattress of her shared room. She wasn't ready to do what a couple needs to do, but somehow she calmed down when she saw that Byakuya wasn't in the room. Perhaps he was getting too shy. Ora giggled at the thought.

She had changed her attire to a white simple long-sleeved kimono, the end of the sleeves had orange patterns which were flowers. Her hair was combed into a bun, but soon would be uncombed - or so she thought.

Byakuya opened the door and froze for a second. He didn't look at her, he just felt her presence inside. He closed the door behind him and grabbed a futon under the bed.

"You're going to sleep on the ground tonight," Byakuya stated blankly. "Tomorrow you'll be given room to sleep."

"I thought that we were supposed to-" Ora was interrupted by the sound of the futon get thrown to the ground away from the bed.

"I will not touch you." Byakuya's voice sounded as cold as ice. "I will not share a bed with you and we'll not act as a couple in private."

"A-As you wish." Ora bowed to Byakuya and soon she got everything set up to sleep. The kimono that Byakuya was supposed to undress was neatly folded next to the futon. The hair that Byakuya was supposed to untie was combed into a long blonde braid.

She didn't understand the reason why Byakuya acted like that. For the whole ceremony, he didn't look at her even once, the drink they shared felt bitter. The kiss that she dreamed wasn't even a kiss. The shyness that she thought he had was just a failed theory. He was acting like that because he didn't want to make any type of contact with her.

Turning to the other side to stop facing the bed they were supposed to share, she felt like the most wonderful day of her existence wasn't wonderful like she thought.

"Have a good night." She said to him.

She waited for his response, but it never came.

______

Ayy such a sad chapter.

Byakuya is being a total asshole to Ora.

Wait for the next chapter to know more.