9

The thousands of blades never had the chance to dissipate, the reason why Ichigo's life was spared. A woman that Ora haven't seen in years, those golden eyes, that ponytailed hair.

"Yoruichi Shinōin." Byakuya said the dark-skinned woman's name before Ora could do it.

"It's been a while, Byakuya." The woman grinned. "Former commander of the Stealth Force."

"Yoruichi, I really appreciate that you came here to rescue me, but I want to step aside so I can defeat this coward." Ichigo looked at Byakuya.

"Defeat him?" Yoruichi chuckled. "You don't know what you're saying."

Δ

Yoruichi knocked Ichigo out in the next second, she introduced some kind of drug inside his wound which led him to get unconscious. She grabbed him and placed his limp body - which was a lot heavier than hers - on her shoulder.

"You're not getting away from here, Yoruichi," Byakuya stated. "I'll kill you and the intruder right here."

"Oh, will you?" Yoruichi smirked. "If I remember well, you've never been able to catch me."

"Shall we test it out?" With that, they entered on a flash step battle, neither of them letting their guard down. Byakuya was fast, but Yoruichi was faster. He thought he got her and sliced her body with his sword, but the only thing he cut was paper.

"Three days," Yoruichi said at the top of the building. "In three days, I'll make this boy stronger than you. Until then, your little play is postponed." She fled away from that place while carrying Ichigo.

Byakuya sheathed his sword and walked away without paying attention to the intruders behind him. Captain Ukitake - that was watching the scene from the building - appeared in front of him.

"Aren't you going to place Ora inside the cell again?" The white-haired male asked.

"I don't want to touch the likes of her." He said. "Besides, she's your officer."

Captain Ukitake didn't say a thing and let him walk away. Byakuya was undecipherable at the moment, Ukitake knew him for a very long time, however, he couldn't say what was on Byakuya's mind or heart - since Ora left for Karakura town that Byakuya's silence was even more usual, in important meetings. Ora had affected him in some kind of way, but her efforts weren't enough and she gave up.

Walking towards his poor lieutenant - who has at the moment collapsed in Hanataro's arms - he could tell that she had been through a lot of psychological pressure. She had become prettier and more elegant physically, but those weeks kept in cells made her look paler and thinner than she already was. She had dark bags under her eyes due to the lack of sleep.

"Don't worry Ora, I will not let them kill you." He patted her head.

"S-Sir?" Hanataro looked at the captain. "What do you plan to do?"

"Talk to the Central 46 once again." He told the boy. "In order to retake the judgment."

Δ

Captain Ukitake's pleads weren't heard by the ancients. In fact, they decided to settle the execution one day earlier than expected.

Ukitake rushed to the sixth squad, he needed to bring Byakuya to his senses, he was one of the ones who could persuade the Captain General.

"Byakuya, this is bad!" Ukitake said. "She's going to be executed sooner!"

Byakuya simply looked at him blankly - although that he spotted a hint of surprise in the male's eyes.

"There's nothing we can do." Byakuya closed his eyes. "I will not plead like you did, I have a household to honor."

"She's your wife!" Ukitake grabbed him by the collar. "You're the one who could stop this nonsense!"

"What she did is forbidden, I will not bother with her sins." Byakuya stated.

Δ

Ichigo was still fighting against his zanpakuto when him and Renji - who was training to master his Bankai - received the note about Ora's execution.

"So that means..." Ichigo's eyes widened.

"The execution... is today at sunrise," Yoruichi stated what they feared the most. "You better defeat Zangetsu quickly if you want to save her."

"Damn it!" Ichigo shouted as he charged once again to his zanpakuto. "I cannot let her die!"

Δ

The guards led Ora towards the Sōgyoku's Hill, where her life would end. The sun was rising beautifully on the horizon, enlightening Rukongai slowly. It was a pretty day, at least she could that her death date was well chosen.

Reaching the end of the hill, there was the blade that would take her life, sealed. The captains and lieutenants were in a line a few meters away from the blade, some of them were missing like her own captain. He must have collapsed, he was dealing with a lot of pressure. She spotted Byakuya, elegantly standing in the middle of the captains. Her heart skipped a beat, how beautiful was that man even though he didn't care about her death. A pain stung her heart, the fact that she would never see him again slowly swallowed her rest of heart that she had.

I guess I really loved you, she thought as she walked to the wooden platform.

Her grandfather was right in front of her, sadness filled his eyes to see his only grandchild being executed and he was the one to give the orders to start the execution.

"Any last wish?" He asked her.

"I'm not in the position to make requests, but I beg you to let the Ryoka return to the World of Living." She smiled gently. "I wish for them to forget this place."

"Very well." He turned around towards the captains. "Let the execution begin!"

Moments after, she was facing a giant flaming bird, the materialization of the sealed blade. Ora looked fascinated as the elegant bird swung its wings.

"So this is the end." She smiled gently. "I hope that all of my dear ones find happiness throughout their lives. Inoue will become a great cook, Uryu will stop to brag about his Quincy skills, Chad to be more talkative, Urahara to be more honest with his clients, Grandpa to take some vacations, Captain Ukitake to heal completely from his illness, Renji to be more cold-tempered, Ichigo to live his life protecting the ones he cares about and Byakuya..." Ora looked at the man below her, he was staring into her eyes. She smiles to him and let a tear drop from her eye. "I want you to be free and happy." He read her lips and his eyes widened in shock.

He didn't want her to wish him that, he was not free, he was not happy. He only obeys orders and duties. He couldn't be happy and free, for as much as he wished to.

Foolish woman, he thought while looking at her, just rest in peace and stop caring about those who have hurt you.

The bird charged up to her, soon it would end. She waited for the flames to engulf her, but they never reached her.