10

"I-Ichigo?" Ora's eyes flinched at the light in front of her, but she could definitely see the boy who had stopped the flaming bird with his sword. He was wearing a long cape, probably provided by Yoruichi. He looked stronger, she could sense his strength but still, she had her worries.

"Hey, Ora." He said.

"You idiot!" She shouted which made him flinch. "Did I tell you to rescue me? Did I tell you to come here? You don't stand a chance against Lord Byakuya! I will only get yourself killed! GO AWAY!" She kept yelling.

The captains below them watched in horror as a single Ryoka had stopped a force of hundred zanpakutos only with his sword. It was unbelievable, they had never seen someone who could do that.

"Heh, looks like the Ryoka saved the day after all." Captain Kyoraku said.

The bird charged against him once again, and Ora feared for his life. She almost screamed his name, but the bird was soon held back by two strings coming from the ground, they entangled around the bird's neck and kept it there. Ora looked down and saw her captain holding a large wooden shield. With the help of Captain Kyoraku, both of them charged their zanpakutos against the shield, which resulted in a huge explosion coming from the strings around the bird. It dissipated moments after.

"I-impossible.." Ora whispered. "They destroyed it..."

Ora kneeled next to Ichigo, weak and confused. She was rescued, her life was saved. She could see all the commotion below her - the captains arguing to others, her lieutenant colleagues waiting to receive orders, her grandfather looking disapprovingly to Captains Kyoraku and Ukitake, Byakuya staring at her with coldness.

"I-Ichigo?" Ora called for her savior.

"What?"

"What do you plan to do next?" She smiled nervously at him.

"I don't know, I just planned on rescuing you." He laughed. "So from now on, we are going to improvise."

"I-Improvise?" Ora didn't like the sound of it.

"Yeah, and looks like I got an idea." He grabbed Ora by the hem of her kimono and held her high. "Hey, Renji!"

Renji stood weakly below them, he fought with Byakuya - Hanataro told Ora. He mastered his Bankai in a short period of time, just like Ichigo did. There were a lot of wounds covered by bandages on his body, he must have given his all while fighting Byakuya.

"What do you plan to do, Ichigo?" Ora asked with a concerned voice.

"Hey, Renji!" The orange haired male shouted. "Catch!"

Ora was thrown off from meters above the ground, scared and enraged by Ichigo's improvise. Thankfully, Renji caught her in his arms - which led him to fall to the ground.

"Are you crazy?!" Renji shouted.

"Take her away from here!" Ichigo shouted back. "It's your duty to protect her, you understand?"

Renji's face softened as he held Ora closer to him. "I get it."

Δ

Ora did nothing more than watch everything happening before her eyes. Ichigo knocked out three lieutenants with his sword unsheathed. Renji trying to take her to someplace safer than here, Byakuya clashing sword's with Ichigo in a battle that looked more intense than everything she saw until that day. Even though that both of them were surrounded by Byakuya's bankai, she could feel the rise of both reiatsu.

The battle came to an end with Byakuya and Ichigo injured. Ora's heart sank as she saw her hero covered in blood and yet conscious. She sighed in relief, at least they were alive.