A Capulet Ball

Worrying that we might arrive late we ran for the rest of the distance to arrive at the Capulet manor. When we arrived we were welcomed by the sight of Lord Capulet welcoming his guests to his humble abode. There was quite a long line leading towards the entrance which ensured that we were not late. Finally when it came time for Capulet to welcome me his eyes glistened with more excitement it seemed than even his own kinsman who had gone in before me.

"Ah! My dear Alessandra welcome! I am sure you'll enjoy yourself. And to imagine in 3 days' time I shall be calling you my niece as I have to the fair Rosaline."

Grinning I wittily replied, "And I shall be calling you uncle as I do for Prince Escalus himself."

"Yes! Now go on in. Tybalt has been eagerly awaiting your arrival even before guests have started to arrive and has been searching for any trace of you in the growing crowd."

"Then I shall search for him as well," I replied trying to sound as joyful as I could though I must confess that I felt quite nervous that Tybalt was already searching for me.

"Yes, yes. Now go on and enjoy yourself."

"Indeed I shall," I said entering the doorway.

When I entered I saw people crowding practically every crevice in the ballroom that was not on the dance floor. Sounds of chatter and gossip filled the room. As I looked around I noticed green garlands with red ribbons adorned the room. Red curtains gave privacy to those who wished to have a larger conversation rather than dance and were out of the way of the crowd. 

As I looked around searching for someone to talk to and taking in my surroundings none other than Juliet came running over excitedly.

"You've made it! When I saw your parents arrive earlier without you I was worried you weren't going to come."

I laughed at her childishness, "I would never miss an event like this for the world, you know that. I decided to walk so I could give the suspense of awaiting my arrival of course."

I had to lie to her about my means of coming here for though it pained me I mustn't give away the truth which was the Montague's presence in the Capulet's domain.

"Of course!" she replied giggling.

Laughing I looked up to see Tybalt looking in my direction after no doubt following Juliet's urgent path through the crowd.

Quickly I looked back down at Juliet saying, "Well I heard that my cousin asked for your hand in marriage."

"Indeed he did earlier this day. My father told him that he may have me if he can woo me being that my father believes me to be too young for marriage unless under special circumstances."

"Of course, I know your father to be quite protective. Speaking of Paris I believe he is on his way over to attempt to woo you," I said looking up and smiling.

"And Tybalt I believe is to do the same for you."

I looked over to where she was gesturing with her head and noticed Tybalt making his way through the crowd toward where we stood. He wore a large, puffy velvet red hat on his head over his wavy brown hair. His top was a black vest with black sleeves adorned with a gold chain around his shoulders bearing a gold medallion in the center. As well he wore a cape which was red on the underside and black on the outside that he held wrapped around his right shoulder and draped over his left. His tights as well were red on the left side and leg and white on the right. He held his classic smirk on his face as he made his way over.

Paris, though, made it to us first.

"If I am not interrupting anything I wish to offer myself for the first dance this night with one of the most if not the most beautiful maiden in this hall," Paris said taking Juliet's hand and kissing it.