Prologue

Why...Why is my life like this, why is my life so terrible, so horrifyingly painful. They beat me every day whenever I do something wrong and they beat me harder when I do something right. I have never known love...only hate. My mother (M/n) had died when I was only 2, around the same time my 'sister's' mom had left my father. It had been 8 years since then and 5 since the beatings started. First my family doesn't train me or let me train with them. Then they don't let me eat dinner, then lunch, and now I have to hunt for food and hide some or they will just take it. They haven't ever given me presents or even gotten me a cake. My younger 'sister' always got presents from our 'uncle' and my older 'sister' always got a few things from our 'father'. Me and Yang are both 10 and Ruby is 8, but they both partake in beating me black, blue, and bloody. Some days I just want it to end.

"Why does this have to happen to me!?!?" I ask myself after dinner and another round of beatings from my 'family'. "Why can't I just feel what it's like to be loved for once!?!?"

"I may be able to help you with that, only if you are willing to leave all of this behind you and live with my family." Someone said from the shadows of the attic.

"W-who's there?! Show yourself!" I almost soured at them

"Quiet my child. I know your mother has been gone for a long time and that you suffer here. As a goddess and as a patroness of hunters, I see potential in you. But I also see a need, a want in your heart." A woman says as she walks out of the shadows walking close to my pile of rags and hay. "I see that all you want...is to be loved. I can help you, but only if you join me and become my son."

I look over the woman. I see that she is around the age my mother was when she had died and she carries around a bow and a few arrows and has pelts on her belt. She also has huge wings, like a hawks but I can tell she isn't a Faunus.

I hug her tightly and I don't want to let go

I hug her tightly and I don't want to let go. "T-thank you mom...just take care of me and don't hurt me please." I say to her, almost weeping.

"Shush my child, I will take you home in the morning, just walk out into the woods just past midnight and I will find you. Write a note saying you are leaving to hunt in a dangerous part of the forest and might not come back." She says as she hands me a bag made of animal furs and pelts. "Now pack your things, you don't have much time." She says as he walks back into the shadows and disappears.

I do as she says and pack my few clothes and some food and water. I start writing a note about how I probably won't come back alive. I grab a sweatshirt and throw it on before putting the note down on the table and grab my bow and arrows. I jump out of a window in the attic and walk into the woods thinking about how my mother will find me.

Timeskip

It has been half an hour since I left and I haven't seen her. I'm starting to thin on this was just a way to get me out of their lives.

"Over here (Y/n), I will take you to your new family now." My mother says from...above me?! I look up and see her sitting on the tree about to jump down and land next to me. When she lands she asks me,"Are you ready to start your new life with me and my family (Y/n)?" I nod at her question. "Then call me mom or Artemis. Let's get you home and you will be treated and trained like a god, you are now a demigod (Y/n), use your power wisely." She informed me and she grabbed me and I saw the forest disappear.