Silent Treatment

Wpov

What'd I do? How did I "offend" the angel that protects me? How is that possible? That made no sense to me at all. I swear this is as confusing as that time I got my hand stick in a jar, like was I supposed to use peanut butter, or butter? My mother had said to use butter, but why have peanut butter and butter have the same name basically if it wasn't the same thing... at all? Anyway, he should reconsider what I said, in a human way, not a weird angel type of way. It's just confusing.

The angel said I "broke an angel rule" or some sort, about not respecting your angel the right way will immediately be solved with a replaced angel. How does that even work? And, how can you an angel by it? It was just a question. He did say "hit me" before I asked the question. He was confusing.

Speaking of confusing, I don't even know his name still. I just call him angel. I'd just go... "WILL!" Wait, what? Did I hear... The Angel? No way. I looked around, trying to find him. "Hey, Angel! Where are you!?" I called but no reply came. Maybe I just imagined it.

Then, an angel came flying down and solid information with me and we both fell. I hit my head hard and my vision blurred for a second then went back to normal and now I have a headache. I shook my head, trying to return to normal and looked at the Angel, realizing it was my angel. "It's you!" I said, surprised.

The angel, I still didn't know the name of, had his face in the crook of my neck and groaned devastated. "Ow... That hurt... Will, why are you so hard?" He then blushed and quickly said, "uh, t-that came out wrong! I meant why are you so strong? Uh~! I give up..!" He buried his face in my neck  and my face started to heat up for some reason.

I looked down. "Hey, angel? What.. what are you doing?" I asked. He didn't say anything. He only raised his arm and showed me a paper. I took it and read it. I read it over, and over again. "What? How can you? I... I thought angels couldn't 'trade' humans or whatever you call it."

Angel groaned and got off me. "I am because of what you said, you shouldn't have said that. Not even a twenty year old human has said that to a five year old angel. That just isn't right that you said it. Anyway, I need you to fix my bandages and say goodbye before we get new people, or angel in your case."

I got up and looked down. "Angel, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or whatever. It was only a question, like...... You know football, right?" He nodded. "Well, it's like that. Me, a buff, great, football player, and you, another football player. It just doesn't make sense for you to protect me. Instead of the other way around. Get it?"

The Angel stared at me. He sighed and shook his head. "C-Can you just do my arm and tell me bye? Please? Don't make this harder than it is," he said. I looked down, sadly, and nodded. "O.....okay, Will. Let's get inside."

Once we got in, he sat on the couch, starting to peel off the bandage as I scurried around getting the stuff, like new bandages, paper towels, Q-tips to soak up the blood without hurting him, etc. I got them and started to work, silently.

It was all silent until the Angel spoke up. He said, "Will. After this I'm leaving.......for good. You'll get a new angel. S-Someone better than me. Someone more better for protecting you, Okay? I am gonna go to a different human, protect them. Maybe a three year old, huh? Heh, well. You're not answering me, obviously. Anyway.... Wait, Will?"

I stayed silent, trying to focus more on my work than his words. "Will, what are you doing? Talk to me. This isn't like you. W-Will, what's wrong? Are you giving me the silent treatment?" He continued to ask questions about why I wasn't answering.

I sighed, sounding more agitated than I was. I was done with his arm, started bandaging it up. After I finished, I looked at him. He looked at me, almost looking nervous. "What? You want to go? You can go. I don't care. Just don't poop on my lawn and I'll be good. Go. Go before you're... What did you call it? A trade in? Whatever. Do what you think is right. Do what you want. I. Don't. Care." I simply got up after that and walked towards my room, balling my fists and gritting my teeth. I face him to 'I-don't-care' speech, something I wasn't really good at those type of speeches but this one sounded so realistic. I went to my room.

I plopped onto my bed, staring at the ceiling and huffing. I started to get hungry in no time. I got up and looked around. This was my room, right. Not the kitchen, I thought. I got up to ask for my mom to make some food for us, when I remembered. She was still in the car. A single tear streamed down my face. Did my father hate my mother that ,icy to kill her and try to kill me? I wiped it away, quickly, and started making myself something to eat.