Unlocking Memorys

Npov

I sighed, shaking my head for the one hundredth time. "No, Kai! I am not here to grant you wishes! Wait, what? No, no! I don't have white wings. I only have black ones, can't you see that!? Yes. Wait, no. No, I don't," I had to answer so many questions! My mind was gonna explode. "SHUT UP!" I yelled right before he could ask another question.

Kai inched back, flinching. "O-Okay," he mumbled and I immediately felt bad. I sighed and pulled the hair out of my face. I told him I was sorry and he just nodded and walked to the bed, sitting down and sighing. "Can we just have a nice convo?" He asked quietly. It was strange to hear myself say 'convo'.

I rubbed my temples and sat down beside him. "Look, Kai. I said I was sorry, what else do you need?" I asked softly. He didn't look at me, he just balled his—well, my—fists. Then he said, "how about my body and a better angel?" Softly and bitterly.

I sighed, looking down. "Yes, I know Percy was better but I couldn't be with mine anymore. I~" I was interrupted by crashing and bangs then the door opening and closing with a Percy breathing let heavily leaned up against the door. "Death boy!" he exclaimed.

"That's Death boy..." Kai said, pointing at me. Then I cursed and said hi to Percy and Percy stared at me then starting cracking up. "Y-You! You of all angels! You... Oh, my gods, I'm gonna die!" He said between laughs while turning visible and laughing his butt off almost. His face got red and I advised him to stop laughing. He waved me off, going upside down while flying and laughing.

I flushed from embarrassment, so did Kai for some reason. "Percy, stop before you die," I told him. Percy flew over to me and checked everything about Kais' body. I looked down then finally remembered Jack. I looked over at him and he was pale, staring at me. "Percy, turn visible before that boy thinks Kai's crazy." 

Percy looked at Jack and nodded. He turned visible then continued flying around me. "Death boy, you are so in trouble! You have only been here for a couple hours and you got yourself switched with Kai. Oh, my god, I'm gonna die from laughing," he told me, tears coming to his eyes. 

Jacks' eyes widened and said, "what's that!?" Kai, Percy, and I looked at him. I sighed along with Kai. Percy chuckled and flew over to him. 

"I'm basically the ghost you were talking with for what seemed like forever. Like, seriously, Jack. Why ask where I was if I couldn't show you?" Percy asked, flying just above the ceiling fan. 

I walked over to Percy and put my hand on his shoulder. "Perce, do you....know how to help Kai get us back to the correct body's before the council get here?" I asked and he nodded. 

After a while, Kai experimented on me and I ended up in Jacks' body, then Percys', back to Kais', Jacks', then finally mine. I stretched my wings and flapped them, like I hadn't used them in a while. 

"That feels better," I said and stretched my arms and legs while flying. Percy laughed and said, "took forever but yeah." 

Kai sized up to me and said, "don't do that ever again, Death boy. I know about everything memory wise about you. Unlocked that one spot that was tied down by guilt, anger, revenge. Go look at what has happened. What really happened that night." 

I gulped but nodded. "O-Okay, Kai. Promise." I then flew out to the living room and sighed, sitting down on the couch. "I need to remember that night..." 

~FLASHBACK~ 

I ran from the man, dragging my injured sister along. "Neeks," she choked. "Run, go and get help. I promise I'll be of some help. I just want you to be safe." She had a stab wound in her lower back, it leaked blood. Some of the blood got onto my hands, but I didn't care. 

I had tears streaming down my face and I looked back at her. "No, I will not afford to lose you too! If-If we can just get some help without leaving you behind we could~"

"Please! You could get hurt because you're dragging me around. I only want to make you stay safe. That's all I want. I don't care if I die." She coughed up a bit of blood and I shook my head. 

"Bianca, I can't leave you! You're my sister!" I cried, trying to step up the pace. We were going incredibly slow and I heard footsteps coming closer to us. 

Bianca looked back, falling to the ground as we saw the man in black. I couldn't see his face but it looked like he was having a ball, chasing us around. Bianca pushed me and yelled, "run!"

The man chuckled, a nasty sound of pure, humorless, entertainment. "You can't escape from me, di Angelo. I'm your worst nightmare. I am death," the man said, his voice scratchy and sounded like sand paper was hitting his tongue every time he talked. It seemed as if he was talking to only me for some weird reason.

I ignored Bianca's attempts to make me run and I grabbed her arm and started to pull her away as the man continued to come. He walked slowly like he didn't want to kill us so quickly. 

I looked at Bianca as she said, "Neeks, promise me. You'll," she choked on some blood again, "you'll be safe. B-Be safe and not let anyone like him find you. He wants you." With that her eyes fluttered close and her whole body went limp. I knew what that meant. She was dead.