Chapter 4

I have managed to talk her into going to the ball! She's actually going! I love her so much

I have managed to talk her into going to the ball! She's actually going! I love her so much. She is going to be the perfect queen.

Suddenly I get hit with the thought of her rejecting me. 'What if she doesn't like me like that? What if she likes someone else? No. She has to like me. She wouldn't blush around me if she didn't like me. But what if she doesn't what the cold hearted prince as her husband? Then I will change. I will be kind to all. Except the ones who hurt her. I will tear them apart. But if she is with me I know that I will change for the better. She makes me kind. She can change me fore the better and if she does agree to marry me I know that I will be kind hearted.' I think to myself.

She will be mine. She can't be anyone else's. I'll make sure of that. I race home to get ready for the ball. That's when I run into my father.

"Son I don't want you to be distracted with beauty. I want you to marry someone who will be good for both you and the kingdom. I want her to be kind hearted and I want you to love her with all you got. Because if you don't then I'm afraid that, that's not love." My father said in a wheezing voice.

"I already found her. She is gorgeous and kind hearted. She will be great for me, the kingdom, and our children. That is if she says yes to me." I say biting my lip nervously.

"Is that were you go everyday? To go see that girl? Well if she has become a regular habit then I do believe that you have fallen in love." My father says gently.

I smile at him and finally realize that we are in one of the massive halls and I lead him back to his room. I go to my room and decide to go for a run to help my nerves. Many girls try to stop me but I don't give them a second glance as I focus on my princess. I get back to the castle after being out for a run for two hours. I look at a clock and it reads 11.

I go and take a nap and when I get up again I see that it is three. I get ready and after taking a shower, brushing my teeth, and trying on around twenty out fits I was finally ready. It was a masquerade ball so I quickly put on a black mask that went perfectly with my black tux.

I went to the ballroom and everyone looked at me. Many of the girls tried to dance with me but I ignored them and looked over the crowd looking for my princess. I slumped when she wasn't there and then decided to sit with my father. He sat upon the Kings thrown and my thrown was just a little behind his signifying that he was the king and me the prince. My father was waring a deep blue tux with a matching plane mask.

My eyes flew to the door every time they opened but she was nowhere to be seen.

Finally when I was starting to lose hope and she had bailed on me the doors opened again and I saw a beautiful girl enter. She was in a deep red dress with a long trane. With the dress on you could see her long golden legs and for some reason I hated it. She had a silver neckless with rubies decorating it. She also had ruby earring that went perfectly with her dress and neckless. She had a black mask with black heals. Her hair was up in a bun that completed the look.

I immediately felt guilty for looking at another girl so I pried my eyes away but my eyes wandered back. I was starting to feel extremely guilty that I thought another girl beautiful when I saw she seemed to be looking for someone. She also looked at the doors whenever they opened and ignored all the guys coming up to her.

Wait a second-! I felt hatred to all the guys that approached her and tried to talk to her. Only one girl could make me feel like this... and that's my princess. I smiled to myself as she looked around for me. I got off my thrown and went down the few marble steps that connected the dance floor with the slightly elevated area for the thrones. The crowd parted and girls through themselves at me but I ignored them and went to my princess who waited patiently for me. Just as I was five feet away she turned and she saw me. She bowed her head politely. She then turned and walked away from me.

I couldn't help but smirk as I walked behind her. She saw me and I saw her role her eyes. I decided to play with this for a while.

"Care for a dance?" I asked her smirking.

"No thank you I'm waiting for someone." She replied politely.

I smirked again and grabbed her wrist dragging her to the dance floor. She struggled but I managed to bring her into a slow dance. She tried to push me away but I put my head on her shoulder and whispered into her ear, "Nice to see you too Angel."

Picture of Xavier's outfit at the top.