Chapter 5

I turned Crystal around and walked back towards the house. I put her back in the stables and ran to my house I quickly did my morning routine with Madison. At five our sisters and mother left for the ball. I told her about Xavier and how he wanted me to come to the ball.

"Well you have to go! This could be your only chance to escape!" She exclaimed.

"Well I want you to come with me. We can go to Mia and borrow something to wear." I say. I really want both of us to go so that she could have a chance at love. Not to mention a chance to escape.

"Alright well we can go now since they just left. But they told us that they would be back by eleven so we have to leave before that." She says.

I nod my head and smile as she smiles back. We get up and get our horses. She grabs her horse Candy who is a beautiful white horse with brown spots and black stockings.

 She grabs her horse Candy who is a beautiful white horse with brown spots and black stockings

We quickly jump on them and get to Mia's house. We knock on the front door and when the butler sees us he immediately opens the door further for us to enter. We come over as much as possible and the servants know us. We run upstairs and into Mia's room. When she sees us she smiles and waves us to come and sit on her bed with her

"What are you doing here? Wait are thy at the ball?" She asks. We only nod for her answer and we explain everything about me and Xavier.

"You have to go! You need to see why he would want you there! He may be the one true love of your life!" She exclaims. Yeah Mia is a huge romantic.

"Well that's why we are here. Neither of us have suitable clothes for the masquerade." I explain.

She suddenly smiles brightly. Next to romantic movies and books she loves clothes. She jumps off the bed and opens the door to her walk in closet and she pulls out many options.

Many of them show off way too much skin but I finally find one that I feel shows off the proper amount of skin without looking slutty.

When I try it on I know it's the one. I look over at Mia and Maddison and they smile at me approvingly. Maddison finds a black and blue dress with silver designs on the back. It has a silver mask and earring with silver high heels and earrings.

"We will be back to return these before the night is up." I say. But to my surprise she shakes her head.

"No. I have plenty of dresses you should keep them. They would never look this good on me. I will have one of my servants take you to the ball and Candy and Crystal can stay here until you come back." She says gently. We both blush gently at the compliment and smile at her kind words.

"Thank you Mia. You truly are a good friend." I say gently. She blushed at the compliment and smiles at us both in the dresses.

"Yeah I am the best now you should go before you run out of time!" She says and pushes us to the front of the house were we are helped into a limo. We wave to Mia as we drive away.

We arrive and I immediately feel many eyes on me and Maddy considering we are two hours late. I look around for Xavier but can't see him. However I do see the prince and king. I look at the prince and he looks back at me. He has a black tux and mask that is decorated with black, brown, and gold feathers with horns. He looked hot and I couldn't help but feel guilty for looking at him like that. I was here for Xavier not some Prince I didn't even have a chance with. I look away and look around the room for Xavier but don't see him. Every time the doors open I look to see if it's Xavier but every time it's not. I finally give into something I've wanted to do for a while and look back for the Prince but I don't see him.

Suddenly the crowd starts to part and it the chatter dies down. I turn to see the Prince. He gives me a kind smile and I bow my head respectfully. As I look at him I feel my heart melt but I'm waiting for Xavier. I turn and walk away. I hear a few gasps and I hear the Prince following me. I role my eyes, can't this guy take a hint? I'm not interested but I turn to face him anyway.

"Care for a dance?" He asks with a smirk on his face.

"No thank you, I'm waiting for someone." I reply politely.

He smirks at me though and takes me to the dance floor. I struggle against him and but I'm no match for him. Can't this guy just leave me alone? Any other girl would be perfectly happy to dance with him. But I like Xavier. He pulls me against his chest and I can't help but blush. I can feel his six pack pressed against me and he raps his arms around my waist and I place my hands on his chest to try and push him away.

He suddenly leans in closer to me but I don't stop trying to push myself away from him until he wispers into my ear.

"Nice to see you too Angel." And I can just hear the smirk in his voice. Xavier? Prince Xavier?

Picture of Angel's outfit at the top.