|| 10.

"I don't want to feel good."

King cups my cheek and I slap his hands away. "Your body says otherwise, Pauline."

The way my name rolls off his tongue and settles over me has me fighting the urge to moan. Maybe I am just horny and it doesn't sound as melodious as I think, whatever the case is, I want him saying my name again. Or not. I mentally scream. I don't know what I want at this point but that ache in between my legs will not take care of itself.

King's finger returns under my jaw, he tilts my head up and a soft sigh slips from my mouth. His tongue comes out to lick his brown lips and I wish for it on me, the covered parts of my body. The part of me that's wet for him. I pull his tie and a wave of pride washes over me when he makes a sound between a moan and a gag. If we will do this, then we will do it on my terms.

"My body," I whisper in my best adaptation of a bedroom voice, "doesn't know what it wants." I tug on his tie once more and let go of it, then my fingers move to the buttons on his shirt. I unbutton the first one. "But-"

Clearing of a throat behind me causes the rest of the statement to die in my throat and I spin my chair so fast it makes me dizzy for a few seconds. My eyes widen and I stare in disbelief at the man standing in front of me.

"Paul," I breathe out. His mask doesn't crack neither does he act like he knows me, there's no trace of familiarity in his eyes.

"I didn't know you were occupied," he says. His eyes lower to my chest, at my pointed nipples straining against my chiffon shirt and I quickly fold my arms over them.

He moves to the entrance, turns the knob and gives me one final glance. "I will come back later when you are less busy."

"No, wait." My voice is small, almost afraid he will leave but he shuts the door behind him and leans against it, just like a model.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. Of all days to come and see me, he chooses today.

He shoves his hand into his pocket. "Chi said I should come here, you wanted to see me."

King's hands resume their massage, I try to shrug them off, ignore the relaxing feeling that comes with it but he doesn't stop until I cover his palms with mine. Paul eyes us but doesn't say a word, it's not what he thinks.

Bringing my hands back to my laps, I smile, slant my head and say, "You didn't knock."

"I did. Several times." His eyes are trained on mine as if daring me to say otherwise. I gulp and nod, then his eyes darken. "I guess I should have waited for you to ask me in. My apologies, Madam, I'll come back later."

"Why did Chi ask you to see me?" I ask.

I don't recall asking for Paul, I have not mentioned his name since she indirectly told me to back off. Our friendship is more important than whatever it is I feel for him.

"I am the new cook."

"How come?"

Paul's eyes dart between me and King who has his hands resting on my shoulders, he nods and in a steely voice says, "Madam, I will come back later, when you are settled."

That arrogance, the attitude with which he handled Edwin is back and I do not like it one bit. I am his boss and I am settled right now. He sends a nod to me and King, then leaves before I have a chance to scold him.

King squeezes my shoulders and I swat his hands away, I cannot get over the disappointment that flashed across Paul's face before he left. I don't even know why I care. I am not doing anything wrong, I am a single woman who is only attending to her bodily needs. He should focus on his babe.