how he lied

"you got a d. really baekhyun, again?" his teacher gives him a disappointed look. baekhyun just stares at the paper on his hands with a blank look.

these are so easy, baekhyun thought.

"yeah, so? it doesn't define me in the future."

"it does." his teacher shakes his head as if he's totally done with his rude student. "just. . . why can't you be like your brother?!"

those words again. baekhyun lightly scowl at him, his eyes turning into slits. "well, this is me. i'm imperfect, unlike my perfect brother. sorry for that." he spats out.

baekhyun turn around and leave, not bothering to hear his teacher's answer. he clench his teeth in anger, too deep in his own thought, not realizing a presence in front of him. he collided to the guy, long pair of arms holding him from falling.

"hey, hey. you okay?" a deep voice asked him. his wide worry eyes staring at him, making him taken aback on how he looks so concerned.

after a moment of silence, baekhyun speak up. "no, i'm not okay." chanyeol watch him, how blank baekhyun looked right now. it hurts him somehow.

chanyeol's lips parted and baekhyun wait for his response. but he gets interrupted by some guys. "yo, baek! got a bad one again?"

baekhyun smirks and wave the paper near his face, "yup."

the guy laughs, high fiving baekhyun. "really, baek? when will you be like your brother?" he laughs again. "you're so dumb."

chanyeol watch how baekhyun just laugh at that, like he accept it. but he notices how fake baekhyun look right now. chanyeol was about to speak up and deny on how baekhyun is dumb, because he clearly isn't.

but once again, he's run out of words.