Chapter 7

"Is this it?" Paul asked from behind me.

"Nope" I said as we continued down the street.

"Does anything here look familiar?" He asked after a while.

"I guess..." I replied. I knew how to get to my house from here. I had known 5 minutes ago, I just wasn't in the mood for walking the full 2 minutes it would take to get to my house from here. 

"I thought you said you knew where the street was!" I whined.

"I do!" He defended.

"Then why are you asking me if I knew where we were?" I questioned, knowing that he wouldn't have a good come back. 

He was quite for a while, the only sounds to be heard were those of  the bicycle's every time there was a small bump on the road. "I know the general area of the street." He said, defeated. 

I smiled, content with his answer. "Good. Now that we got that out of the way.... I know where we are right now." I said with a smile since I knew he couldn't see me.

"You little bugger!" He said with an oddly playful tone. "So why don't you instruct me from here on instead of me guessing my way around." He said with a light chuckle. 

"Nah, you can just drop me off here, and I'll walk the rest of the way." I said, still a bit on edge with Paul knowing the location of my house. 

"Now Jackie, would that be very gentlemanly of me to just leave you on the side of the road to walk the rest of the way home?" Paul asked from behind. 

"No it wouldn't be.... but who said you were a gentleman in the first place?" I teased as he slowed the bike to a stop. "Hey! That hurts!" Paul said, pretending to be offended. "Good." I said curtly.

I pushed myself off of the handlebars when the bike had finally stopped, and turned to face Paul. "Thanks." I said with a small smile. 

"No problem." He replied, mirroring my smile. 

"Goodnight." 

Paul's smile slowly faded and his eyes grew clouded with self confliction. "Goodnight." he said, sounding a bit distant. 

 "Goodnight." I said once more, to dismiss myself. 

He nodded to show that he had heard me, but stared out into the distance. 

I turned around and walked up to my door, completely and utterly confused. 

Paul McCartney was a strange, strange boy. 

~~~~~~~~

I lay in bed after getting a long lecture from my parents about staying up past curfew, but in the end they had to forgive me since I WAS lost. 

I stared at the celing, wondering why Paul was acting so strange before he had left. Was it something I did? Was it sometthing I said? I felt my eyelids start to grow heavier and heavier by the second. 

 "He's just a jerk" I concluded, not being able to keep my eyes open and brain awake for another second. 

And that concludes probably the worst chapter I have ever written! 

I am SUPER sorry to all of you, it's been nearly a month since I last updated and I give you this short piece of poop. And you know why I haven't updated??? Writers block and school. Two of the worst excuses, yet it's true. I'm sorry to all of you and I'll try not to let it happen again! :(