Chapter 11

Guys, I am so sorry I have been devastatingly slacking on my updates. As I believe some of you know, I am in high school now so I'm busier than ever. I am going to try and update every Saturday or Sunday so just bear with me, ok? Alright! I will give a quick recap and then we'll take off with chapter 11!

------------------------------------------------------------

  "Its alright little one, you can stay here until the ceremony if you wish." The dragon's voice rumbled through her chest and tickled Judy.
"That would be nice...But shouldn't we ask Queen Goldentail?" Judy sniffed sadly remembering the stories that she'd been told about the fearless, firm ruler that dwelled in the Palace of Light. The dragon rumbled again, this time in laughter,
"Oh I'm sure I'm fine with it." But Judy hardly heard this, she was already sinking into sleep. 

-----

Liam stepped up to the balcony, worry painted plainly on his young face. Judy hadn't showed up at their usual spot the day before...come to think of it she hadn't been anywhere to be seen since they came home with Megan, which was two days ago. He felt a soft hand at his shoulder and turned in surprise to see Megan there, staring at the marble floor. 

"I'm sure she'll come back soon." She said quietly. Liam blinked, how had she known? Shaking the thought off he smiled awkwardly,

"Right, your probably right..." They stared out at the rising sun and Liam sighed...where could you be? He wished Judy could hear his thoughts. He felt really bad about what he said to her before they'd left the temple, even if it was true in a way. Megan shifted somewhat uncomfortably, 

"Um, Liam? Your mother wouldn't happen to have an extra ceremony dress, would she? The Full Moon Ceremony is tomorrow night so..." She stared ahead blankly as usual, and Liam blinked in surprise. 

"Oh yeah, I'm sure she has one somewhere, or she can make you one easily. You can go ahead and ask, I'll stay here for a bit." He guided her to the doorway and then went back to leaning on the balcony edge. He sighed, worrying Megan as she listened from the entry way. Her ears drooped as he knelt down and choked out silently,

"I miss you Judy..." She then turned and trudged down the hall to find Mrs. Tuso. 

-----

Judy awoke with a start. The sun was settling into the ocean that stretched before the Palace of Light, casting shadows and causing rays to bounce and sparkle against the shimmering walls of the castle. Judy sat up not remembering where or when she had fallen asleep. The Ceremony! Had she missed it? Throwing off the bed covers, Judy leaped up and dashed into the courtyard, fur raised in fear. The large golden beast from the night before looked up in alarm, but then her expression became warm as she saw Judy. 

"Oh good, you're awake at last." It seemed to grin. Judy flattened her ears in embarrassment for rushing out like a wild child.

"Yes--um--yes..." All she could do was nod vigorously. The gold creature stepped over to her and murmured, 

"Indeed, just like they said..." It said this in such a quiet manner that Judy failed to grasp what the dragon was saying. Suddenly a much smaller animal scrambled to a halt beside the golden beast.

"My queen, Fatewing has requested your presence immediately." the young, green winged dragon dipped her head. Judy looked up at the golden creature in surprise.

"Queen? You're Queen Goldentail?!" She dropped to her knees in a gracious bow, cheeks red as she thought of their conversation the night before. Goldentail rumbled in hearty laughter,

"Yes, dear, you seem to have much to learn. And, quickly, tell me, who is this friend of yours that hurt your feelings so?" The Queen dismissed the messenger with a flick of her massive tail. Judy stood uncertainly and fluttered her wings in uncertainty.

"Um--He is...his name, that is, er, oh my stars--L-liam Tus-so..." She managed to slip out his name, remembering his sweet face, making her feel weak. Queen Goldentail's eyes went wide and she whispered,

"Can it be? My..." She trailed off and a single, sparkling tear slid down her scaly cheek. Judy shifted uncomfortably,

"Your Majesty?" The Queen seemed to rouse from her daze and she regained her composure immediately, but her green eyes were still glazed in what seemed like wistful memory. 

"Right, Judy. I must tend to my duties, please make yourself at home until tonight's ceremony. I will send a messenger to your parents so they won't begin to fear the worst." She nodded to Judy and then left at a quick pace down the corridor on the far wall. Judy pondered this, not only would her parents be worried sick...What guilt had she made her best friend feel after her disappearance?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alrighty, here's chapter 11, and lemme tell ya things are gonna get a lot more intersting trust and bear with me please! We'll make it through to the good stuff okay? Besides, all stories have some part that lags right? Okay then, I will see ya'll this Saturday or Sunday!