Chapter 12

Alright here's this weeks update as promised! A quick recap and we're off! Don't forget to vote!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your Majesty?" The Queen seemed to rouse from her daze and she regained her composure immediately, but her green eyes were still glazed in what seemed like wistful memory.

"Right, Judy. I must tend to my duties, please make yourself at home until tonight's ceremony. I will send a messenger to your parents so they won't begin to fear the worst." She nodded to Judy and then left at a quick pace down the corridor on the far wall. Judy pondered this, not only would her parents be worried sick...What guilt had she made her best friend feel after her disappearance? 

Judy sat at a nearby bench to assure that she wouldn't fall over when the torrent of emotions hit her. Oh Liam...She bent over in sorrow and fought back tears. The desire to see him was strong and it burned in her chest. What is this feeling?

-----

Megan twitched her ears as she listened to the sounds of Mrs. Tuso rummaging through her closet. 

"Hang on dear I do believe my old dress is in here somewhere!" The white Drawolf chirped cheerfully. She had been happy to help Megan with her ceremony prep because she had never had a daughter. Megan smiled politely at Liam's mother and continued to stand silently off to the side. What was Liam doing? She wondered. She had never seen him so devastated, even if she had only lived with him for a few days, he was always so positive and bubbly with energy. Now he seemed distant and sad, he left everyday at 10:00 and came home at 12:00 more depressed then before. 

"Megan? Halli (Ha-lee)(A/N: Drawolf for Hello)? Did you hear me dear?" Mrs. Tuso was waving a white dress with a blue silk sash. Of course, Megan couldn't tell the difference, it just felt soft. 

"Oh, Thenekia (Then-uh-key-uh)." Megan dipped her head. Mrs. Tuso gave a blank look,

"What was that?" She blinked in confusion. Megan frowned,

"I said Thenekia, it's thank you in...the language I learned. So, uh, Tea-an-cow?" Megan stumbled on the pronunciation and did a little curtsy before dashing out of the room. Mrs. Tuso giggled but then frowned, the language she learned? 

-----

Megan tossed the dress on the guest bed she'd been sleeping on and ran out to find Liam, it was almost time for the ceremony. 

"Liam?" She called in her soft voice, no reply. "Liam!" She called again, but, despite her efforts, it wasn't much louder and there was still no reply. Giving a huff because she had a hunch he could hear her and didn't want her to find him, she opened her wings and flew up to the roof. She twitched her cat-like ears for sounds of movement or breathing, then she breathed in the warm evening air. 

"I know you're there Liam, you smell to obviously of mint. Now, I don't care if you're listening or not, but I need you to do something...for Judy. I know you're scared, I know what it feels like to loose someone close to you, trust me. But...would Judy want you to be sad? I'll bet she is safe where ever she is, and that she'll be at tonight's ceremony. I'm sure that the first expression she'll want to see on your face is happiness, right? I want that too, you glow with happiness when you smile, I can feel it. So, do it for Judy okay?" Megan felt a little blush crawl onto her cheeks and she prayed to Starea that Liam couldn't see it. She heard him shift positions and then sit down next to her,

"...I will...for Judy and you." Her blush deepened as she felt him hug her and she hugged back happily. 

"Liam! Megan! It's time to go!" Mr. Tuso called into the evening sky. Megan sniffed the air,

"It's already getting pretty late, how will we make it in time if it's a day's trip to the Palace?" She fretted. Liam helped her up,

"Guess we'll have to see for ourselves." Then he took a deep breath, "I've waited two years longer than normal Drawolves, it's finally time for me to evolve, I can't believe it." Megan felt a tingle go down her spine...he was finally smiling again. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's kinda short, but we'll role with it, right? THANKS FOR READING I LOVE YA'LL SO DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!!!!!!! Thank you <3