Chapter 11

-Agust D's POV

I looked everywhere for Y/N. I checked her garage and the people there told me a few places to check, her house but she wasn't there. I now knew where she lived, I was surprised when her grandma opened the door, I thought she lived alone. Her grandma said she was with friends from class but I knew Y/N didn't go to college so I didn't bother questioning it. I checked each race spot before I finally gave up. I knew she was around, I just didn't know where. 

I sighed, driving to the top of the mountain. Not the one we raced on, but a different one. One which was my quiet place. It was where I came to think and try to clear my mind. It was getting late, I didn't know what I wanted to do. I'd been looking for her almost all day long and I just wanted to relax now. 

As I got to the top of the mountain, I was surprised to see Y/N's car parked by a few trees. I shut my headlights off and few yards away from her car. I got out and walked towards her car, peeking inside. She wasn't in there. I pursed my lips and looked around before I walked down the small drop within the mountain which lead down to a pond. There, I saw her curled in a ball, hugging her knees. I swallowed nervously and shuffled down to her, hoping she heard my footsteps. 

When she looked towards me, she quickly looked away. I sighed softly and continued making my way over to her, stepping through the bushes and pushing branches out of my way. I finally got beside her and I sat down next to her, looking at the scenery. "This is your quiet place too...?" I spoke in a near whisper, she didn't speak, she just hummed and avoided looking at me. 

I looked at her and noticed the bandage around her wrist. It felt like I had just got punched in the chest, I didn't know she got that hurt. I turned my body to face her, I gently took her hand into mine, she looked at me with a concerned look. I didn't make eye contact with her, instead I just stared at the bandage on her wrist. "Does it still hurt?" I asked, finally looking at her. Her gaze quickly shifted and she nodded, looking at her wrist. I looked down at her wrist again and sighed once more. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I didn't mean to hurt you." I mumbled. 

She looked at me again, she was surprised to see me showing guilt for my actions but I couldn't hide it, not around the person I felt the most guilty about. She slowly pulled her hand away from my own and wrapped her arm around her legs again. "It's fine." She finally mumbled, looking away once again. 

I kept my gaze locked on her but she refused to look at me. And honestly, it kind of hurt. Did I scare her to the point she couldn't even look at me without seeing the person she saw last night? It was obvious she didn't want to talk to me or even be around me. Catching on to that, I stood up. "I'll leave you alone. I know I'm probably the last person you want to see right now." 

Y/N slowly got up and put her left hand into the pocket of her hoodie as she walked back up towards her car. I pursed my lips and followed close behind her, making sure she wouldn't fall due to how steep the drop was. I put my hand out to catch her if needed. 

Once we finally got to the top of the drop, she walked over to her car without a word but I followed her. "Y/N?" I said softly, standing behind her. She finally turned towards me and looked at me. "You're not... scared of me... are you?" I tilted my head a bit. 

"No..." She breathed out, but I couldn't believe her for some reason. I parted my lips to speak but she cut me off. "Why didn't you tell me your brother was in the mafia?" She finally asked. "I don't know what to do now." 

I shook my head at her. "It's not exactly something I can just blurt out. You don't have to do anything right now. Just.." I sighed and opened the door for her. "Just go home and rest, we can talk tomorrow." Y/N stared at me innocently before nodding once and climbing into the car. I shut it for her and watched as she drove off. I rubbed the back of my neck before I walked over to my car, climbing on the hood and looking over the landscape. From here, I was able to see nearly the whole city. 

- Reader's POV
You couldn't trust Agust D's random kindness. Not after what you  witnessed. You've heard a ton of things about him since the night you first met him but you didn't believe them. His brother being in the mafia was one, however, you didn't believe it until you heard it come from his mouth. In that moment, your stomach turned and you felt sick; in fact you still felt sick. And the things you heard about his brother were unbearable. His brother was a killer, someone who wouldn't hesitate to take another's life. 

You could only hope Agust D wasn't like that. You really wanted to believe he wasn't like his brother, but after last night, You couldn't be sure. You didn't want to see him again. But you knew there was basically no way of getting out of this, but that doesn't mean you can't avoid him. Which was your plan... for a few days.