Protect Me, Protect You {DickGraysonxReader}

Character Ages:

Dick Grayson~ 17
You~ 17

You and Nightwing were on a special covert mission ordered by Batman to retrieve data from Lex Luther. You and him stealthily entered the building and got what you needed. On the way out Nightwing triggered an alarm which notified the guards. And there you were, surrounded by guards. They grabbed you two and shoved you into a dark room. You tried to escape but to no avail. You were really starting to regret coming. It's been 5 hours since you were locked up and someone finally came to the door. When they opened it you were about to run out when 6 other guards appeared. You decided it wouldn't be the best choice since you were in a confined space. You were going over how you two could escape when the 'leader' spoke up.

"Get the girl." He said. Your face paled and you backed away as soon as the other guards started coming close to you. You knew how these things worked. The girl always knew. This wasn't the first time this has happened either. Nightwing suddenly kicked the guards away and wrapped his arms around you protectively. When the guards started getting back up he put you behind him.

"You'll have to get through me first." He said. You gulped. You couldn't just let Nightwing put himself in that position. You stepped out so you were beside him and got into a fighting stance.

"You protect me, I'll protect you." You said simply. He nodded and you both started attacking. You each had 3 guards to take care of. You lunged into action by grabbing a pipe and swinging it towards the first guard. It hit him in the stomach and he stumbled back. You kicked at the second guard but he caught your foot. Before he could, you twisted your foot and pumped it into his head. He fell unconscious and hit the floor with a thud. You smiled to yourself and threw a punch at your last attacker. He dodged it and swept his feet underneath you. You flipped over them and gave him an uppercut. He too fell to the ground. You wiped your hands and started making your way over to Nightwing.

"Duck!" He yelled. You ducked and he threw a batarang towards you. You looked behind you and saw the first guard about to hit you with the same pipe you had thrown at him. The batarang made the pipe fall and you used his confusion as a chance to end this. You kicked him in groin and when he doubled over you kneed him in the face. When you turned around you saw Nightwing examining the area but he didn't notice the 'leader' behind him with a knife. He was about to strike down when you pushed Nightwing out of the way. The knife plunged itself into your shoulder and you stifled a scream. The leader looked at Nightwing in horror as his face contorted to anger. Nightwing swung at him and knocked him out with one blow.

"Oh my god..." you whispered to yourself as you looked at your wound. The knife had gone straight through your shoulder. You grabbed the handle and prepared to pull it out when Nightwing stopped you.

"Don't! If you pull it out it will bleed more." He explained. You nodded your head slowly, you dropped your hand and felt dizzy.

"I think I'm gonna...." you started. Before you could finish you collapsed into Nightwing's arms.