Starry Night {JasonToddxReader}

Requested by @TrustyMcoolGal

I look up at the stars in awe. This was my happy place; where I went when I was feeling down. Wayne Manor was the only place in Gotham where you could see the dazzling lights in the night. As a lay atop the Manor roof I hear my window open. I turn quickly towards the window, only to see Jason climbing through.

"Why were you in my room?" I question while laying back down and looking at the stars once again.

"For the record, I knocked first." He told me.

"So when I don't answer you just walk in?" I scoffed. Jason didn't say anything for awhile but eventually sighed.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I laughed lightly and shook my head.

"There doesn't have to be something wrong for me to come here." I said quietly. Jason looked at me and inched closer, wrapping me in a hug.

"Look, I know Dick is usually the one who deals with this, I'm not very good at it, but I know that there is something wrong." He tells me. I lean into his touch slightly and he pulls me closer to him.

"I'm just... I'm tired of fighting. And I'm not talking about the whole vigilante thing. I'm tired of fighting because for once I just want to be fought for." I whisper. Jason brushes his fingers through my hair in a soothing motion.

"Y/N, everyone in life is going to hurt you, you just have to figure out which ones are worth the pain." He says. I sigh.

"I always come out here to look at the night sky. The stars, the moon, the blanket of the dark," I respond, "because when I'm lonely I know, someone else is looking at it too."

"I'm looking at it." Jason says. I smile and look at him. He's staring up at the sky, light reflecting off of his green eyes. My smile grows, then retracts, then a small smile forms on my lips.

"Maybe you're my star." I whisper, as quiet as I can. Jason looks back down at me and smiles slyly. He leans down and I lean up. We get closer and my breathing hitched, finally our lips connected and we shared a long passionate kiss before breaking it.

"I love you, Y/N L/N, and I've waited long enough to say it." Jason told me, he got up and I frowned, Jason walked over to the window and started climbing back in, "Wait right here."
Minutes later Jason returns with blankets and pillows, he sets them down on the roof and we snuggle into them, we soon fall asleep in each others arms while staring at the beautiful, starry night.