Piano (13)

Dean and Cas spent the whole morning in bed together, only getting up at two in the afternoon.

They sat in the lounge eating the donuts and coffee that Michael and Lucifer had bought them.

"Where's Gabe? " Cas asked.

"I enrolled him into high school and today was his first day. I enrolled you too but you don't start until next week." Lucifer explained.

"Why?"

"I don't know. I wasn't listening. Mikey, do you wanna come bed?" Lucifer asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Sure, Luce." He smiled and they both left, leaving Dean and Cas gagging.

●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●

"Hey Cas?" Dean asked that night.

"Yeah, babe?"

"I was thinking about that walk. Does the offer still stand?"

"Always." Cas smiled, standing up. Dean stood up and took Cas hand before leading them out the door.

The night was cool but not too cold. They had to wear their jackets but no more than that. The stars above their heads shimmered and the breeze would give them the occasional goosebumps but they soon disappeared.

"This is nice." Cas smiled.

"I know."

Cas looked sideways at Dean. He could see his freckles, even with only the dim light from the lamppost overhead.

"I love you, Dean," he smiled.

Dean looked at him and smiled back. "I love you too Cassie."

They stopped in the street and just stared at each other, their faces millimetres silent.

The street was silent apart from two men arguing as they lifted a piano into a window behind them. It was a high window, so they'd attached a rope to it and were slowly manouvering it up and through.

Dean and Cas leant forward and connected their lips. Cas' hands moved to his neck as Dean's moved dangerously close to Cas' butt. A knot formed in each of there stomachs. Everything felt perfect.

That was, until the unspeakable happened.

They pulled away from the kiss and cas looked at his watch. "We need booze and cookies."

"I'll get booze, you cookies?"

Cas nodded in agreement and Dean stepped back, walking backwards so he was on the pavement, ready to turn left and enter the shop next door to the one behind him.

Dean gave Cas a smile. "Love you Cas." He said and turned, but not before there was a sickening snap and the piano came rushing down, straight to where Dean stood.

Cas looked away but heard a sound that was sickening to the stomach.

Finally he turned back, and what he saw made him scream.

There, in a bloodied mess, was the piano, right where Dean was stood.

Cas rushed over and began moving the bits of wood. "Dean?!" He yelled frantically finally getting it all off him to see dean's face was blood covered.

He removed Dean's layers to reveal bruising and bleeding, all across his torso and abs.

No

He felt for a pulse, for breath, any kind of movement or signal that he was alive.

But no...Dean was gone.

And Cas life came tumbling down.