《04》

(A/N Jfc I'm so sorry I haven't updated this book in ten years????? I went on a hiatus and I've been focus on my other book so I haven't been writing for this one, but I finally forced myself to finish the chapter that I've had started for over a month and here it is!!! Sorry it's probably trash though :,) enjoy.)
-----------
(Sugawara's POV)

Over the past few days, Daichi had been discussing with me on how he should go about what he had been informed with by Yui. Most of the time I wouldn't say much in the conversations because it really wasn't my place to say anything. If I hadn't said anything in the first place, why should he listen to me now?

I still don't really know why I didn't say anything initially. It wasn't like there was anything wrong. But it would have been a little awkward to have to point out to my soulmate that his timer had gone off, rather than him just noticing it by himself. Or maybe it was because we were both guys. Now I obviously don't mind that, but it was less common to see homosexual soulmate pairs than heterosexual ones. Even though you couldn't really judge something that was supposed to be fate, some people did. It really just wasn't that great of a situation over all. If only it could have been in private or a mutual notice.

On the other side of things though, Daichi seemed to be accepting Yui's advance towards him. Which was good for her, but not so great for me. He didn't really understand what was going on so this was a good way for him to find a solution to his problem.

(Third Person Perspective)

With Daichi being deep in thought for the past while, his teammates had become concerned with the usually focused male. He had actually even gotten hit with a volleyball in the head at one point, Sugawara had jokingly pointed out how Hinata like that was. Causing an offended first year to try and defend himself whilst all the other team members laughed.

Sugawara had changed his behaviour also a little in this time. But no one could really put their finger on to as why. He had even stopped hitting his teammates to get them back into high spirits. Which was very odd on his part.

(Daichi's POV)

I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do. Yui had brought such a huge thing onto me so suddenly, and why on our last year of high school? I can understand where she is coming from because of how all of this played out though. I wouldn't want to confess to someone whose timer hadn't gone off when we met, even though mine did either... It's all so confusing.

I've been trying to go to Suga for help lately, but he seems like he's currently in another world. He doesn't really respond like he usually would when I bring up Yui. I wonder why? I don't see a reason for it. He's probably just not into talking about love or anything. Or at least he hasn't talked about it with me...

Now that I'm thinking about it, he hadn't mentioned anything about his soulmate either. He keeps his timer covered with a watch. Maybe it hasn't gone off yet and won't be for a while? I'll have to ask him.

I already know that I'll have to get back to Yui soon. She's been waiting for six years already, hopefully she wouldn't mind me not replying too quickly. How everything happened was such a rare occurrence. I had taken it upon myself to do some research. It turns out, something like this has happened before. Not all of them were the exact same situation though. I heard about one situation where one person's timer went off but the other person ended up having a different soulmate. It makes me wonder..

But I shouldn't be overthinking to make things more complicated.

I feel bad for not being able to focus on my club and studies. I'm the captain of the volleyball club and in a college level class.

Love isn't what I should be thinking about.

Why couldn't my life be less complex?...

~Time Skip~

(Third Person Perspective)

Around a week later, Daichi had finally decided that the time was right. Or not exactly that the time was right, it's just that he didn't really have anymore time to run away from the problem. So it was now or never.

The two had met behind the school as per Daichi's request, leaving Yui to become a scared mess.

"So I've thought it over and... I think this may be able to work."

Yui's eyes widened at the boy's response and nodded eagerly, "R-really?! I'm so glad!"

The two shared a hug and promised to walk home together after they had both finished club.

(Daichi's POV)

As I walked back to class, a pit in my stomach formed due to uncertainty. Was it right to actually accept Yui? It seemed like the only answer but it just doesn't add up at the same time. Oh well... I should tell Sugawara when I see him.

I slid the door open to our classroom and peered at the clock, class would be starting in about a minute. Sugawara was in his seat staring out of the window, so I walked up to him and quickly pulled him outside of the room.

"Huh? What do you need Daichi?" Sugawara looked at me in confusion, but I couldn't blame him, I just yanked him out of the room without saying anything.

"I accepted Suga."

Suga's face was blank for a second, until a grin appeared and he hit me on the back.

"Good for you! I knew you could do it, you'll be great together." He continued to smile until the bell went off.

"Well we better get to class!"

Sugawara walked swiftly back into the classroom, right before I was about to stop him.

Even though he had a smile on his face, something had just seemed off.

It didn't seem genuine at all.