《06》

(A/N Hey guys, it's been awhile. I've been busy with school and moving (and also friend drama sadly) so I haven't had much motivation to write for this book. But here's a new chapter finally! I finally got myself to finish it and honestly? I really like this chapter. Also, I get my report card tomorrow so hopefully I did good. Anyways, enjoy reading.)
————————-
(Sugawara's POV)

"I'm home!" I yelled as I opened and closed the door to my house, moving to slip off my shoes. I put on my slippers and stepped onto the hard wooden floor in front of me, moving into the kitchen where I saw my mom cooking.

"Oh hi hunny. How was school?"

She continued stirring the pot on the stove, not looking at me.

"It... Wasn't the best, I guess." I spoke honestly. If she looked at my face, there wouldn't be a point in lying anyways.

"Did something happen?"

In my head, I began to fix up excuses I could use. Maybe I could say I didn't do that well on a test? Or that maybe I was frustrated from practice? But I didn't want to. It's not like she didn't know my situation.

"... Does it have to do with Daichi?"

Bingo. My face trembled a little but I quickly readjusted my composer. This was my fault for not saying anything in the first place. Apparently I had taken too long to answer because my mom spoke up again.

"I'm sorry hunny I know how hard this is-"

"No mom. You're right... Um, it's just complicated. It would take awhile to explain... Sorry."

She turned her head towards me and began to scan over my face. A frown fell from her lips, but then she lightly exhaled and turned her frown back into a smile.

"I'll make you a treat after I finish making dinner. Would that cheer you up?"

She had already gone back to stirring the pot on the stove while she talked to me. I thought for a minute about the bread already sitting in my bag but shrugged it off.

"Sure mom, that would be great."

I gained a smiled and I could sense that she had also, a real one.

She really is a good mom.

"Well, I think I'm going to go upstairs to study for awhile, call me down when the food is ready."

"Okay don't push yourself too hard."

I slowly moved out of the kitchen and down the hallway so I could go upstairs to my room. The floor creaked underneath my feet with each step I took. My body felt like a weight had been placed on my shoulders, pulling me down with a tremendous force.

I'm so tired...

A small sharp pain suddenly struck the left side of my head, causing me to stop moving for a minute and whine.

"Ouch... What the hell? Am I getting a head ache?"

Once it had briefly gone away, I moved to walk up the hard stairs, now making my way towards the washroom instead.