《05》

(A/N Me? Actually update? Yes but it's in an inconsistent manner. Here I wrote this even though I was supposed to be studying for a test I have tomorrow, I hope you enjoy!)
---------
(Sugawara's POV)

It's not like I didn't expect him to accept her, he had no reason not to rather than doubt. But what does this mean for me? Will I just go on without getting married or finding a different love because my soulmate was taken by another person. Even though I'm at fault for that...

I should really stop sulking about this. If Daichi ends up happy, that's all that matters in the end. There isn't much I can do now. I just have to except it for what it is. Even if it hurts a bit.

As soon as the bell had rang, I bolted back into the classroom, acting excited for my best friend. It was like the bell was answering my prayers, going off at just the right moment. Daichi slightly seemed to have tried to grab at my gakuran, but failed.

When I got to my desk, I sat down slowly onto the now cold seat. I just had to get through this last class and then practice. After that, I could go home.

My hands proceeded to rummage through my desk, pulling out the book that I had presumed to be the one I was looking for. The pencil case I owned as already on top of my desk, readily waiting to be used.

Daichi walked into the classroom using the back entrance, slightly throwing some glances at me, which I decided to ignore. And then almost immediately after, our sensei came in through the front door of the classroom.

"Settle down everyone, let's begin class."

---------

Water flowed down my throat, cooling me off a little. My eyes wavered down towards the inside of my left wrist. When I was in practice, I wasn't allowed to use my watch to cover the timer, so I had come up with the idea to place a bandage over it.

I always kept it hidden, so sometimes I would get questions from my classmates or club members. I'd shrug them off and tell them that it wasn't important or that I still had lots of time left.

I'm pretty sure it was only Daichi's timer and my own that had been set off so far, but some of our other members were also secretive.

"So Daichi, were you finally able to talk to Yui?"

My ears perked up at the sudden topic at hand. Tanaka had been the one to break the ice.

Why couldn't he have just left it alone.

"Uh, yeah, I did actually."

"And?... How did it go?"

Daichi paused for a moment, letting out a sigh, "Jeez you're so nosy."

Tanaka didn't reply, still waiting for an actual answer from the captain.

"I accepted, we're walking home together after club. So I guess you could say we're, dating?..."

My heart sunk a little having to hear the words fall out of his mouth. It was one thing to think about, but actually having to acknowledge that it wasn't a dream was a different story.

He didn't tell me they'd be walking home together... Usually we'd walk home together.

Well, I guess things can't stay the same forever. This would give me some more time to think anyways. I just had to think positivity. How? I don't know. Even when you disregard Yui and Daichi's new found relationship, we are third years. Things are changing even without the help of it.

"Bro, you're so lucky! It makes sense since you're both captains of volleyball teams. Good luck. I hope I'll meet my soulmate soon, I bet she'll be gorgeous..." Tanaka trailed off, speaking his thoughts into the air.

"Okay, I think that's enough for today! Good work!" Coach Ukai blurted out of no where, bringing me out from my head.

Everyone started to take down the nets and put the balls back away. I grabbed a mop and started to sweep across the gym floor.

It didn't take long, because soon I was already out of the gym and changed, about to leave the school grounds.

"Hey, Suga! Wait up!"

I stopped in my tracks and turned around. Daichi ran towards me, looking the tiniest bit concerned.

"Daichi? What's up?"

Daichi stopped and looked into my eyes, "Is something wrong? You seem off..."

I gave a half smile, "I'm fine Daichi. Don't worry."

"But... Suga-"

"Daichi! Hey!"

Yui had showed up, waving to the male that stood ahead of me. She started to converse with him. On that cue, I started to back up, waving a little.

I stepped off of the school grounds, making my way down the hill that our school was on.

Maybe I should be like Hinata and invest in a bike sometime... Only for times when I really don't want to have to take a long time to get home. Kinda like today.

The moon lit up the dark sky, along with the stars around it. It sure was pretty tonight. The sky almost looked comforting in a way. No clouds to block out the stars or moon, it was slightly cool, but not deathly freezing. A clear sky at night is the best.

Maybe I'll go get a snack to cheer me up...

There was a bakery near by that stayed open pretty late, I could stop by there and get something. Normally I'd just go straight home or not even come by here with my team, but today I'd make an exception. It's not like anyone could stop me.

I slightly kicked my feet as I walked, approaching the small building. The smell coming from it was divine. I slid open the door to the shop, stepping inside. Then closing it behind me.

"Oh, hello sir!" An older lady spoke to me from behind the counter, giving me a warming smile.

"Hello." I smiled back and began to look around.

Picking up a tray and a pair of tongs, I picked up two kinds of breads that looked good and brought them to the counter.

"Would you like the them bagged separately?"

"It's fine altogether in one bag, I don't mind."

She nodded and proceeded to bag my bread and then ring me up.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but you look upset. Has it been a rough day at school?"

The woman asked with a genuine tone in her voice as I dug the yen that I owed out of my bag.

"...Yeah. You could say that. Thanks for asking..."